Planning a US trip while still in Europe

I have just purchased a Go 950 for use when travelling in USA and Canada in the next 3 weeks

I want to plan the routes I will be using from LAX and beyond while I'm here in Ireland.

I can't see how this is done. When I go to the planing A to B section and view the map... I'm only able to view Europe....

How do I view the US maps

Manage Maps-->Switch map.

Select the USA & Canada map.

You can't use the Navigate function but you can do advance planning while still in Ireland.

Thanks for that... but where do you find the 'Manage Map' function?

The information provided in the box is not very user friendly in this regard

It is on one of the Preference screens.

I find ITNs pretty useless in a foreign places.

I suggest to make a Custom POI category (search this forum, planty of advice) and enter all known addresses for that trip.

I then use the programme TYRE to pre face the name of the place by what I will remember, not by address.

A step-by-step for this has also been explained been explained.

Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch map is what you need to select the North American map.
When you have finished playing with the NA map simply take the device outside and when it gets a GPS position fix it will offer to swap over to the Western_Europe map automatically, or use the Switch Map option to revert back to WE map - Mike

Ask a Question