Planned route not using local roundabout

TomTom Model(s)
One IQ Routes
When planning a route involving a local roundabout, I am having a problem as it is partially avoiding the roundabout and it is annoying!

Can anyone confirm the same problem on there device, I am using the latest UK map.

A6021 Wickersley Road, Rotherham, GBR @53.41846?N, 1.31946?W

To:

A6021 Wickersley Road, Rotherham, GBR @53.41891?N, 1.32266?W

Is there any way to correct this problem via map share?

Tony

What model do you have and what planning preferences are set? Do you have IQ routing on your model? Is it active?

Hi, its the ONE IQ routes edition and IQ is enabled.

I get the same results on the Tom Tom online route planner as well

Are you selecting fastest route? Shortest route?

In mapshare preferences, select to remove all mapshare corrections. Perhaps a faulty one is screwing up the routing.

Or, try the route with IQ routing enabled, then try it with disabled. See if that makes a difference.

I also tried it on the Tom Tom online route planner and got the same result, see attached screen shot.

Does that route planner use the same map as my device or is it independent?

Also turned off IQ routes and its still the same.

Attachments

• ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
I tried that, but it warns me that I cannot edit a roundabout. I managed to change it to shortest route and it then it correctly used the roundabout, so it must be an error somehow with the map.

I guess it 'thinks' going the circuitous route is faster than driving on the roundabout. You're correct that it's incorrect data.

All you can do is use Map Share and report the error under the Other/ On Map option, feel free to back this up with a phone call (0845 161 0009) but don't hold your breath for the change to take effect, map errors can be fixed in a very short time but some have taken years to filter through, in the mean time just ignore the device as your local knowledge is better than the device, it will soon work out what you are doing and re-plan the route accordingly when you go around the roundabout - Mike

Tomtom is charging a 2 min 30 second penalty to cross the rotary from Wickersley road vs a 25 second penalty from Herringthorpe Road.

I've seen this turn penalty rarely, and often on intersections where there is a huge wait to enter the intersection. Is the Wickersley rotary entrance often backed up, by either a long traffic light or heavy congestion? Perhaps Tomtom is storing that.

I agree, report it via mapshare and phone to Tomtom, and drive it often with anonymous data sharing enabled. Hopefully you'll get a fix in a future map.

One option you have is to "force" this route by disabling the right turn from Bentfield Ave to Herringthorpe Valley Road in mapshare.

Wickersley Road can get backed up at rush hour, but not for very long. I did try planning a route just around the rotary which does not get backed up and it takes you off the rotary through the estate and back to the rotary?

Have reported it through mapshare, but the roads around here have not been changed for over 20 years!

Does driving with mapshare on the anonymous setting really make a difference to future maps?

Sending anonymous data helps with the gathering of IQ data for future maps. The more mapshare changes are sent for a specific location, the higher up the queue that spot will go as far as TT verifying the change ... at least in theory.

Home's Tools-->Preferences. First tab (general), the box is at the bottom to check for sending the data.

Ask a Question