Places of Worship

The standard Places of Worship POI is kind of lame. Any chance of getting more POI's by denomination, e.g., Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, etc?

Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota area (zip 55044). Would the yellow pages be of any help since they do list by denomination

Another thought is that while most people already know where they go to church in the home area, the POI is much more useful when travelling outside the home area.

Churches catagory?

I have the USA and Canada maps on my new TT3rd and 'Churches' is not a catagory, only 'Places of Worship'. The only churches I can see are the ones that also have a school associated, otherwise my 'Places of Worship' are Jewish and Muslim I think.

I believe the Garmin breaks down the Churches by Demomination.

I can help out here but on the other side of the border. I can work on the Catholic Church's in Toronto

I have 3RD Edition Tomtom One. I would really like to be able to find churches, not Temples while traveling. It is interesting that it is so limited and since I've not owned a GPS before, I am concerned about the limitations and accuracy of the product. I have not used it yet, but since it is missing so much already, I'm just worried about my purchase. I was recommended as a better product by a salesperson. I just hope I made the right decision to get this one.

I've got some new information. It seems TomTom does have this. It's just not in the 720. I had a Go 910 before I "upgraded" to the 720. I had the person I sold it to bring it in and I checked it's POIs. WAY more POIs. There's even a catagory called Churches that has Christian Churches in the US. I wish there was a way to parse the file and extract these pois.

POI for Churches...

I would love to have a POI for Churches... I agree the "Places of Worship" just doesn't cut it... they are all Temples.

I myself would be looking for Lutheran LCMS churches, but I am guessing it would beneficial to have many of the common denominations as options. This would be very handy for moving to a new place and trying to find the closest Church or when on vacation and wanting to go to a worship service. I don't understand why "Places of Worship" don't contain churches, but anyhow, anyone know if someone is working on getting Churches in the TomTom?

What does TomTom have against religion????

My kid's daycare is in a church. When I bought my 720, it had the North America version 705 maps, which showed my kid's daycare along with all the other churches in my neighborhood. After upgrading to version 715, all the churches, including my kid's daycare went away.

Someone at TomTom decided to axe all the churches in the POI database. If I search the entire POI DB for my area for Catholic, Baptist, or any other popular religion for my area of the country, ZERO churches come up.

These WERE in the product in the North America 705 maps. Does anyone know what TomTom has against religion?

More importantly, does anyone know if TT's competitors choose to omit churches from their products? If not, I'll be returning my 3 day old 720 in exchange for a Nuvi or Maestro.

I'd like a POI file of all the Southern Baptist churches. THAT would be helpful for me on vacation.

Ok, I decided to do my own POI file. It will include all Southern Baptist Churches in Natchitoches, Red River, DeSoto and Sabine Parishes of Louisiana. It is a work in progress that you can check out here at this site. Right now it only includes most of Natchitoches, Saline, Clarence, Robeline, Marthaville, Cypress, Cloutierville, Chopin, Provencal and Ashland.

Ask a Question