photos problem

i have a dead tomtom 910 (green light of death) it would cost 120us dollars to fix it rather than that i went on ebay and found one for 89 dollars wonderful. anyway i put connected it to the computer and put alot of photos say bout 2000 pics and when i disconnected from the computer and try it, the tomtom shut off when i click photos...it also cuts off when i play mps and click on the slide show. i also change to splash screen but nothing happened. this tomtom has a little more features/changes than my other one. so with this infomation, could anyone help me with a fix or point me in a direction. anybody ever had this problem? you could also email me at (e-mail address removed). sorry if i take time getting around to replying as my computer at home is broke a little and i was using tomtom to fix it. (running a virus scan in safe mode from tomtom on the computer) thanks

no thanks to the forum but i did figure it out. there is a 600 photo limit or 599, one of them. and the reason it was cutting off was when i got to a certain photo it froze. so when i finally caught it, it was the photo after it during the slideshow making it cut off. i removed it, replaced it and all was fine.

Nick,
Your solution worked for me, thank you! I have not done the full test of 20K photos, but it was worked with 10K photos fine. In fact using more directories has speed up the read time to where it takes about 15 sec to open each directory now, but once there the photos open and move along quickly.

Ask a Question