Phone upgrade time. Little help?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 510 (stolen)
All,

This is an official solicitation of your advice.

I'm a devoted Cingular customer and it's time for me to upgrade. I HATE paying actual cash money for my phone so I always get one of their free ones.

I'm leaning towards the Motorola L6 (Bluetooth and all, should pair with my TomTom if you buy the compatibility on their website).

Anyone rockin' the L6 SLVR want to give it the thumbs up? Or, short of that, anyone heard anything?

Your insight is most appreciated!

I dont have cingular but if i did i would look at that new blackjack, it looks very attractive and im sure bluetooth. i have a razr from t-mobile and i love it. i know im not much help but thought id throw my 2 cents in

Same here.
I can use my Razr with my 910 to make calls, use TT Plus, receive text. I just can't send text messages with it.

TomTom phone pairing

I have a Motorola razor and have used it with T-Mobile and just switched to Cingular last weekwhen I went to Atlanta. It works great! My Dad has an L6 and tried it to give you an answer! yes it worked too!

Sigh. RAZR v. SLVR. Can't decide yet. I was trying to avoid the RAZR because, darn it, I just hate to be trendy guy with trendy cellphone.

Too much time in Rome Giorgio? ;) I wouldn't call TT the trendy choice in the US quite yet... though we can still dream :D

Last edited:
i think the RAZR's from Moto are played out. Samsung hit a home run with the Blackjack and I'm actually considering dropping VZ just to get that phone. VZ has the worst phone selection, imho, but their network is better, at least in my area. But I guess it's the network that's most important.

i think the RAZR's from Moto are played out. Samsung hit a home run with the Blackjack and I'm actually considering dropping VZ just to get that phone. VZ has the worst phone selection, imho, but their network is better, at least in my area. But I guess it's the network that's most important.

To be fair, they are very very different types of phones. The BlackJack could best be compared to the Motorola Q, Palm Treo or Blackberry.

The Blackjack is a very neat phone however beware of poor battery preformance. All WM phones that I have owned (I have owned over 30 phones in the last 2 years) were horrible on battery. The Blackjack is very poor. Samsung was actually forced into including an extended battery with each BJ they sell because of the issues. Yes it's cool they give you an extended battery for free, but that should be a warning sign right there.

I am a huge blackberry fan so I would recommend the BB. The new ones from Cingular are very thin and very reliable. Never crash, excellent battery life, bluetooth is also very reliable and no pda/phone can even compete with the blackberry email push technology.

But if you really like the BJ, then buy it and try it out under your 30 day return policy period. Put it to the test and see if it meets your needs, risk free :)

I'm on Cingular and it works fine with a RAZR, for what it's worth. :)

I'm using the new RAZR V3XX which is the 3G razr... works fantastic w/ the tomtom, plus I can use it as a bluetooth modem on my Mac for mobile broadband.

Question though:

I'm on Cingular Media Max 200 plan... anyone on a similar plan... are you getting charged at all for your tomtom usage, or is it all covered under media max unlimited? I've read that sometimes you can be charged for the kind of tethering tomtom does.

Typically unlimited means unlimited. I do know for a fact that Sprint and Verizon will warn you if you "abuse" their "unlimited" data by tethering, usually to a laptop.

You really have to use a ton of bandwidth for them to notice your usage as being a problem tho so I wouldnt worry much about it. Just make sure your plan does state that you have unlimited data.

Hmmm, my company will provide a blackberry, perhaps I shall check into that. I have a RAZR now. Although it works fine, I have never been terribly impressed by it.

Does anyone have any experience the LG enV and Verizon or the Motorola Q and Verizon? I am considering these phones...

If so, how is the phone in general?
How well does it integrate w/ the TT?
Which service plan do you have for data?

Last edited:
help configuring Blackjack to tt300

I have a blackjack with TMobile. I have tried to use the settings from CrewChief to no avail. Can anyone help. CS said the blackjack is too new and they had nothing for me.

Ask a Question