thx alot

sry for the repost/question

im gonna try it
good thing i made a back up lastnight
after i installed the new map
just incase i screw it all up LOL

Last edited:
No worries!
Works great on my car. Everyone can hear me well and I hear them through my car's speakers. :D

its not working
im not gettin the
"If you did the renaming right, you will get a message saying:

'If you change a file name extension, the file name may become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?'

You want to click yes to that message."

i entered
enable_lineout_hands_free

the speakers works for a split sec. then goes back to the tomtom speaker

what did i do wrong

thx

tomtomroot.jpg

Last edited:
I can see that the file looks like a notepad meaning the file is a text file. In your case you are not showing the file extension but you need to get rid of it.

Go to TOOLS>FOLDER OPTIONS>Click on the VIEW tab. Now in this tab search for an option Hide extensions for known file types, uncheck this option.

Go back to the root directory of the TT910 hard drive and remove the *.txt from the enable_lineout_hands_free, you should get the message now.

Good eyes DF,
I couldn't see anything.
Did you take a picture of the monitor? The best way to take a picture of your screen is pressing the print screen key on your keyboard and pasting it on paint or something like that.

Good eyes DF,
I couldn't see anything.
Did you take a picture of the monitor? The best way to take a picture of your screen is pressing the print screen key on your keyboard and pasting it on paint or something like that.

yeah i just took a pic w/ the cell phone
the good camera is in the truck
i'll have to try the print screen trick
thx

i emailed tomtom about this yesterday and this is their email back LOL

Response (STCR Alejandro) 04/19/2007 09:57 AM
Dear William,

Thank you for contacting TomTom support in regards of your question, can the phone call be heard through the radio speaker ?

Unfortunately, the "Hands free calling" feature can not be used through the car stereo on ly through the unit. We are constantly improving our units through new application releases, we will consider your suggestion for a future one.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please remember that we're offering our latest map upgrade at a special price until June 15th, once the promotion has finished the US and Canada maps will go back to it's normal price. For further details on the promotion, please check the link below:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/?Lid=4

If you have any further questions or comments, please e-mail or call us at 1-866-486-6866 Monday through Saturday, 8:30am to 7pm EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

Best Regards,

TomTom Support Team

just goes to show ya that this place is the best ...you guys rock

Ask a Question