phone keeps disconnecting

i have the TT go 530, and have just bought a sony ericsson C902.

I have got it connected to the TT, and make a wireless connection all fine, but when i am driving my TT keeps showing that my phone is disconnected - but when i check my phone, it shows as still being connected. If i go to mobile on TT and connect it again from there, it shows as connected for 5-10 mins, and then all of a sudden it shows on TT as being disconnected AGAIN - very distracting!!!!

I have tried deleting devices from each other, resetting tomtom, but it still did it again.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

Bluetooth is often unreliable as device manufacturers never seem to implement the standards consistently.

1) Check if your phone has a firmware update available that may make bluetooth more stable
2) try the workaround steps here

If nothing above works, it may just be a phone incompatibility.

Both my phones keep dropping and reconnecting from my G0 630, too.

My 'workaround' was to turn off voice alerts for those kind of messages.....it still happens, but at least I don't have to hear about it every time now.

phone disconnects

I am having the same problem. I questioned TomTom directly and they told me that my phone is not compatible!!
My phone pairs with and works perfectly with my Go 730 for about a week, then fails, I would not consider that a compatibily issue. I asked if there was a way to lock the phone settings in the TomTom as I thought they were getting corrupted. They again told me it was my phone. Is there a way to lock the phone settings so they will not be lost?
Thanks

Everyone I know has this problem and we all have different handsets. Checked my phone make on the list of compatible phones and the list said it was OK.

Suggest that it's TT that is incompatible NOT the phones!!

What service provider and phone are you using. Simply because it states that the stand-alone phone is listed doesn't mean that it'll work from certain providers. Since they like to install their own software on the phone. Notice the compatibility list, theirs alot of phones but usually not one model across all the providers. Each service provider has different models.

Could still be not compatible. Though I've also noticed that some people have mentioned an issue with the recent apps as well dropping the phone connection. So possible still an issue with the TomTom

Ask a Question