Phone connection not working on 8.35

I got my GO 720 on Friday.
Had no problem setting up the bluetooth connection with my Nokia E90.
(I did not do any updates, as I was still at the office)

At home I updated to version 8.35 of the core application.
Everything seemed to be working. Phone connected, etc.
However, as soon as I tried to dial a number, it would say "Phone not connected"
BUT the phone shows that it is connected.

I tried resetting the TT, the phone, etc.
Also removed the pairing in every known manner.
I even went as far as uninstalling the core application.
Nothing worked.

After all the hours of struggling, I found a post regarding a pairing did not work at all after they installed 8.35.
I decided to try a last thing:

1. Uninstalled the core application from my GO 720 (ver 8.35)
2. Installed ver 7.481
3. Paired my E90 and everything was working again,
4. Installed ver 8.300
5. Retested the connection with my e90 again. Still no problems.
6. Made a new backup

Seems that there is an issue in ver 8.350, but at least my hands-free connection is back up and running.

Hope this will help someone.

Weird that so many people have been having phone connection problems with the latest NavCore. Thanks for the advice.

I sometimes see people making the mistake of having their phone pair with the TomTom, instead of their TomTom pairing with their phone. The TomTom is the one who should find the other phone, and connect to it. Maybe it's just me but I have never been able to pair them successfully if the phone finds the TomTom, then connects to the TomTom, instead of the other way around.

Edit: I no longer use my TomTom's bluetooth feature but just paired them to see if it worked. Paired with no problem and can make and receive calls. I still have the same problem though, where I can only receieve text messages on the TomTom, but can't respond to them.

Last edited:
GPRS does not work in 8.350

I had the same problem with Bluetooth connection. Tomtom services would not work, no weather, trafffic, etc.

I could get the phone directory to download to the 930, but I never tried to make a call. I reverted back to 8.302 asap.

Other problems, following 8.350 update:

- 930 freezes when connected to a PC. Requires a hard reset
- volume is too low
- spontaneous reboots

reverting to 8.302 did not fix the freezing problem, so I am replacing the 930 with a new one.

I got my GO 720 on Friday.
Had no problem setting up the bluetooth connection with my Nokia E90.
(I did not do any updates, as I was still at the office)

At home I updated to version 8.35 of the core application.
Everything seemed to be working. Phone connected, etc.
However, as soon as I tried to dial a number, it would say "Phone not connected"
BUT the phone shows that it is connected.

I tried resetting the TT, the phone, etc.
Also removed the pairing in every known manner.
I even went as far as uninstalling the core application.
Nothing worked.

After all the hours of struggling, I found a post regarding a pairing did not work at all after they installed 8.35.
I decided to try a last thing:

1. Uninstalled the core application from my GO 720 (ver 8.35)
2. Installed ver 7.481
3. Paired my E90 and everything was working again,
4. Installed ver 8.300
5. Retested the connection with my e90 again. Still no problems.
6. Made a new backup

Seems that there is an issue in ver 8.350, but at least my hands-free connection is back up and running.

Hope this will help someone.

I had the same problem with Bluetooth connection. Tomtom services would not work, no weather, trafffic, etc.

I could get the phone directory to download to the 930, but I never tried to make a call. I reverted back to 8.302 asap.

Other problems, following 8.350 update:

- 930 freezes when connected to a PC. Requires a hard reset
- volume is too low
- spontaneous reboots

reverting to 8.302 did not fix the freezing problem, so I am replacing the 930 with a new one.

Ever since this upgrade, there have been times where I have had to hard reset my unit after unplugging it from the PC (correctly)

This has happened at least 4 times in a week already. Say I install mapshare updates, quickfix, etc and then tomorrow I go to pull the unit from its dock even while the PC is off, I cannot turn on the unit at all unless I do a hard reset. Besides this problem, everything else has been dandy for me.

I have A Go 730 and ever since the last update it mysteriously works better than before, The bluetooth connects with my phone faster than before. and makes a call with no problems.Strange

I recently recieved my Go 730 for Christmas and promptly updated it to 8.351 and my phone no longer connects as well. Now I pulled a n00b and didn't back up my device before updating it. Is there anyway to roll back to the previous version of the software on the device? Before I got back to my house and updated it the phone functions worked great with my LG VX11000, now it won't connect at all. They pair together fine but it doesn't seem to talk correctly with my cell phone anymore.

I also found it odd that the only way I could ever get them to talk to each other before I updated was to have the Tom Tom connect to the phone (not vice versa) but I'm relieved to see that is the normal mode of operation it seems.

Any help on how to roll back to another NavCore version would be appreciated. My map version is North_america_2GB' v840.2562, I've seen on the forums that it makes a difference.

Also I just wanted to let you know that yet another person is having issues with the 8.35x NavCore.

Go here to get 8.302.

Backup your unit using Explorer. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Extract the contents of the 8.302 cab file using WinRar and let it overwrite any files it asks to.

Go here to get 8.302.
Backup your unit using Explorer. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.
Extract the contents of the 8.302 cab file using WinRar and let it overwrite any files it asks to.

When a new OS comes out I usually download it from TomTom's web site to my computer and install it from there.
When I reverted to 8.302 I just installed it over from the CAB file without deleting anything.

I had done the same thing, reinstalled 8.351, over the 8.351 after I had the problems with my system freezing when we were trying to program the I-81 route through Harrisonburg, VA.

800 posts, Arno! Congratulations.......;)

(even if it was to contradict my advice .......... again ................:) )

Go here to get 8.302.

This method worked like a champ for me. The TomTom's Bluetooth pairs with my LG VX11000 flawlessly now.

Ask a Question