Petco 1.2

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Revision History
7/1/07 - Initial Release: New York & Los Angeles (Giorgio)
7/20/07 - 1.2 Nationwide Major cities

icon also improved from last revision

unzip files to your North America or US_and_Canada folder

Attachments

• Petco.zip
    13 KB · Views: 734
The majority of these entries (the ones in NC and FL in particular, and some of CA) show up in my TomTom as not having a phone number associated with them. If I open the ov2 file in POIEdit, those entries show up as being set up in a different order than the others. They show up as
Petco; phone number; street address

The ones that work show up as
street address, city STATE>+phonenumber

I'm guessing this is probably because I've got one of the TomToms using the newer software. Just an FYI for future entries I guess.

Do you have the 720?
If so are you referring to when you are planning to navigate to a POI and it takes you to the screen where you can see the POI on the map? I've seen screen shots where it will display the number on the right. This is only set on the internal POIs and not custom ones.

Do you have the 720?
If so are you referring to when you are planning to navigate to a POI and it takes you to the screen where you can see the POI on the map? I've seen screen shots where it will display the number on the right. This is only set on the internal POIs and not custom ones.

Yes, I'm using a 720. If I want to find a POI, or edit a POI through the TomTom, I select the one I want, and it gives me a screen which gives the details of the POI and a map showing it. On the right is a green phone and it usually has the phone number directly under the phone. I can click "Dial" on the button, and it will automatically route the call to a cellphone via bluetooth.

All of the custom POIs that I mentioned are missing the phone number in that spot. If you click on POI, it shows the phone number as part of the address, and the green phone on the right says "no phone number associated with this POI" so the only way to call it would be to dial it manually with your phone, negating one of the awesome features of the TomTom.

Also, to say that that feature is only available on custom POIs is incorrect. If the POIs are entered in the way of the second example I posted, they work perfectly. All the ones I have entered myself work fine, as well as the ones that were already in this OV2 file for New York.

Sorry to say but all Custom POIs are like this.
I haven't come across a progrom that would input the phone # information according to how the tomtom see's it.

Editing Phone Number on Custom POI

Mnemosyne is right! If you add > between the state and the phone number using a software like POI Edit, the phone number will show up once you pull up the POI on its specific screen with the map and the phone number now being displayed on the right with the option of tapping the green phone to call the POI

Ask a Question