Permanent Install Kit Go300

California is making loud noises about the law forbidding any window mounted devices (one of the ways to stop people from using radar detectors, I think). Since it is an added fine if they stop you I bought the permanent installation kit so I can mount it on a stalk and use the external antenna, and take advantage of the car electronics for day/night, charging, auto power on, and the stereo for announcements.
Here's the problem -- I'm a do it yourselfer, but the instructions are nine cartoons with no directions. The connectors that come on the cables do not match my stereo system, and when I took it to a professional he was just as puzzled as I was -- had never seen that set of connectors. The kit comes in only one form, so it is not like I got the wrong kit.
Anyone have any experience with the kit?

Installation kit

I own the kit, and the instructions are a simple "cartoon" of unplugging the connectors on the car stereo and inserting the TomTom interface box in the circuit. There is no weblink listed, and the "helpful" people at TomTom will only say go to a qualified installer. I went to one of the best in LA and they'd never seen the kind of connectors on the TomTom interface box.
They won't even provide me with the pin-outs so I can reverse-engineer the connections.
I uploaded a picture of the kit, I hope that helps.

Ask a Question