Pedestrian Crossing warning

I created the screen folder at the root level of the internal drive in my 920 and placed an empty text file named capture with no file extension in the screen folder as the instructions indicated. Then I disconnected the 920 from my computer, shut it down and restarted it. When I pressed in the upper left hand corner of the screen (and I tried a variety of places on and around the zoom icon) nothing happened. I reconnected the 920 to my computer and all that is in the screen folder is the empty capture file. I'm running the latest software 8.x.

Do you have folder options (Control Panel) set to show extensions for known file types? If it is not set to show, what happens quite often is the user thinks a file has been created with no extension but, in fact, the file is really named whatever.txt

Do you have folder options (Control Panel) set to show extensions for known file types? If it is not set to show, what happens quite often is the user thinks a file has been created with no extension but, in fact, the file is really named whatever.txt

Thanks. Sloppy work on my part. The press point on my 920 is right on top of the zoom icon, but I very rarely use the zoom so it doesn't matter. Next time I'm doing something really naughty in my Morgan and have the 920 with me I'll have to take a snapshot of the screen. :D

But mine is a woman in a crosswalk, and distance to - which changes as you get closer.

Also, all my safety boxes are unchecked. I would expect this to be a safety warning - just cannot locate it.

Update:

I am embarrassed - found it.

Not under safety preferences, but under "Manage POI's" and warnings thereof. I had never opened that to set anything, but I found the school POI set to warn within a set distance, and the "only on route" box not checked.

When I set the schools POI to be displayed, it showed gobs of schools near major 4 lane routes I use a lot (but most of them are wrong - unless it includes dog training, hairdresser schools, etc.) - and it always seemed to occur at traffic lights - so I took it for a crosswalk warning.

Update:

Not under safety preferences, but under "Manage POI's" and warnings thereof. I had never opened that to set anything, but I found the school POI set to warn within a set distance, and the "only on route" box not checked.

When I set the schools POI to be displayed, it showed gobs of schools near major 4 lane routes I use a lot (but most of them are wrong - unless it includes dog training, hairdresser schools, etc.) - and it always seemed to occur at traffic lights - so I took it for a crosswalk warning.

DUHHH!!! Everyone knows this!!! :rolleyes:

Just messin' with ya. Glad you found out it wasn't aliens! :p

I am so disappointed with you, GAW. I so much liked the Alien explanation better. :p :p

(I know what you mean about the criteria for 'schools'. some that show up in my area for that category are truly laughable. I almost expect 'school of hard knocks' to be listed :cool: )

Update:

Isn't it weird how we on TomTomForums end up finding out more solutions than Tech support does? Geez...

I observed, The warnings for schools do not come up after school hours.. like 11PM and later in the night. It's either I did not notice it, or they have included 'smarts' in the programming.

btw, you can create a POI. And set POI warning to 'type your own warning'.. like 'Alien Presence' 250 meters.

just shows how customizable the tomtom is.

Yeah, but the idea of having poi's listed is to look out the windshield to see them coming up. For 'Alien Presence', we'd have to look UP, I think! :)

Ask a Question