PC recognizes my ONE but HOME doesn't

I tried searching but haven't found a "PC connection" thread that is similar to my issue.

Whenever I hook up the ONE to my USB on my desktop, the computer recognizes that something is hooked in. When I go into My Computer, it does see that it's a TomTom (has the two red hands as an icon). However, HOME doesn't recognize the device. The Device menu is greyed out, so I'm assuming it's not seeing one that is plugged in. Then whenever I hit any button (like get Traffic), I get a message to plug in the device, when in fact it's already plugged in.

Thoughts?

I tried searching but haven't found a "PC connection" thread that is similar to my issue.

Whenever I hook up the ONE to my USB on my desktop, the computer recognizes that something is hooked in. When I go into My Computer, it does see that it's a TomTom (has the two red hands as an icon). However, HOME doesn't recognize the device. The Device menu is greyed out, so I'm assuming it's not seeing one that is plugged in. Then whenever I hit any button (like get Traffic), I get a message to plug in the device, when in fact it's already plugged in.

Thoughts?

If you open the device in explorer (like you would a hard drive) do you see your tomtom? I had a subst drive which was E: on my machine (a folder on my C drive which I had assigned to be the E: drive) and when I hooked up my TomTom the first time it was assigned E:, had the icon and all, but still showed my hard drive instead of the tomtom when I opened it in explorer. I had to change the assigned letter in disk management to get it to work. You might try removing any removable drives (card readers [including printers with card readers] etc.) and see if that fixes it.

When I double click it, it does notice the TomTom, it sees the HOME installation software and the numerous folders, so it's not seeing my HD.

I have an external HD and an external DVD drive both hooked into USB ports, are you saying to remove those and retry?

Same problem exactly - Someone HELP

I have the exact same problem as above. I have installed Home on 2 different computers. Both recognise the unit, but the Home program does not. It is assigned to the E: drive and it shows up that way on explorer. I am thinking about uninstalling the new Home software and installing the old software to see if it works.

Please respond to this tread if you find a solution.

Solution Found!

OK this is how to fix this problem. You must first uninstall the new version of Home 2.xx and install the older ver 1.xx. Thankfully I was able to find the disk that came with my tomtom (ver 1.5). Then you can upgrade your old operating system on your TomTom to ver 7.xx by getting updates. Once you have the new operating software on your tomtom, you can uninstall the old Home computer software and download the newest Home 2 computer software from the company's website.

Home 2 on your computer seems to only recogize the ver 7 operating system on your tomtom.

I like some of the improvements to the operating system, but it seems like I need to purchace a newer version of my map to make use of the mapshare feature.

Hope this helps someone.

I already have the 7x version on my Tom Tom and HOME still isn't recognizing it, so that's not the problem with mine.

Ask a Question