PC does not recognize OneXLS

I connect my new TomTomONE XLS to my pc via USB. I get the message on the TomTom which asks if I want to connect to the computer. I answer YES but the OneXLS simply reboots and then asks the same question again.
I can successfuly connect the same TomTomONE XLS to another computer (both computers run XP).
Retryed uninstalling and then reinstalling HOME but that was no help.
Not sure what is going on.
Any ideas?
Anyone know how to get my PC to unload the USB driver so I can retry loading it?

I tried that a couple of days ago. Same problem.
BYW, it does work on another computer so I think the issue is on my PC.

Sound like that USB port is not working, if trying another usb port doesn't work, try rebooting the computer and tapping f2 or del whatever to get into your bios and be sure hi speed USB is enabled, if it is right click on my computer go to property's, then select hardware and go to the device manager. Under universal bus controller (USB) make sure nothing has a yellow exclamation ,ark, this means the driver is screwed and you will need to fix it, if its an Intel CPU download the inf installer for your box and run that or you may need to do an XP repair from the install disk.
If all else fails, a pci USB card wont cost more than $20 at Staples

I use the exact same port and exact same cable and can connect to a digital camera at high speed (480Mbps).
Trying a different port yielded same results, no conect on ONE XLS (the camera still worked on the second USB port).
The Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager shows no yellow exclamation conditions.

Any idea how I can force the USB driver for ONE XLS to be reloaded?

Ask a Question