Password

TomTom Model(s)
One V4
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, just joined all of 5 mins ago.

I recently purchased the Tomtom One V4 from Amazon (18/06/09), all has been good with it.

But was on the Home thing & decided to put a password on to protect my 'home' address etc. Now it won't accept my password, there's abit at the top of the screen, "Please enter your password" with my address below it & the number keyboard below it again, but when I type in my 4 digit password nothing appears & if I click the screen it says "Please enter your password" with a warning triangle at the start of it.

Anyone able to give advice or help me fix this?

Much appreciated if you can.

Andrew

(I've just copied my post from the 'tweaks' sub-forum, as think this may be a better place, cheers for any help).

There is a hesitance to publicly post methods of removing a pin for obvious reasons. Personally I think a pin doesn't do any good - a thief won't give you back your tomtom once they find a pin, they'll probably just throw it out.

However, if you unit is in warranty I think Tomtom's phone support will unlock them. I actually don't know how because I don't use pins, so I never tried to figure it out.

See here for phone numbers.

Like mvl, I don't use a pin so have no experience.

However, I do remember seeing posts where users who do use a pin are upset when they update their map that they loose their pin and have to enter it again.
I don't know if that has been true for all map updates or just certain ones.

Therefore like as previously recommended you should contact TomTom support for assistance.

Ask a Question