Password Ok>"I Agree">PW not ok

At startup, my XXL940S asks for my password which I enter. It goes to the screen that askes for "I agree" which I press, then instead of opening the unit, it re-asks for my password and my p/w doesn't work. Anyone know what is happening?

When you connect to Home, can you reset the password?

Have you tried resetting the unit?

I decided to 'restore' from my computer's backup. It corrected whatever was going on. Evidently making the backup is worthwhile.
How does one reset the unit and what does it reset the unit to?

Oh, resetting the unit sometimes resolves issues in the software.......

By the way, I'm glad you did have a backup available. We preach that all the time with Nav2 devices (where the user CAN make a backup) and we also suggest that it be an Explorer, not Home, backup.

How does one reset the unit and what does it reset the unit to?
Think of it as using the reset switch on the front of your computer, but perhaps a little more graceful.

You hold down the power button on the top of your 940 until you hear the TomTom drums from the speaker, then quickly release it.

TomTom's definitive reset web-pages:

How to soft-reset my navigation device (UK site)

How to soft-reset my navigation device (US site)

This reset just turns the device fully off and restarts the program. (normally when you "switch it off" it just goes to sleep). It's like re-booting your computer.

You can do that reset whenever you experience any problems without any worries at all.

There is also a "hard reset" or "return to factory settings" which you can access from the menus, but as you'd expect from the name, that loses more of your personal settings.

(Edit: Are we playing doubles now? Beaten by both of you while I went to find the US version of my bookmarked site!)

When I was ready to take my short trip and my unit gave me the password problems I was bummed. Funny how we become dependent on our electronics.

I was not aware of 'resetting' but I am now. Thanks for everyone's very timely help.

Ask a Question