Palm Treo 755 Verizon.

I just ordered a TomTom 920 got it a great price couldn't say no, I have a Palm 755 don't have internet or any of that fancy stuff I just make calls with it, I read few treads about compatibility but so far I have not find if I can use the 920 to make and receive calls with my treo?

Is it possible? if so how?

Thanks in advance...

G.V

I just ordered a TomTom 920 got it a great price couldn't say no, I have a Palm 755 don't have internet or any of that fancy stuff I just make calls with it, I read few treads about compatibility but so far I have not find if I can use the 920 to make and receive calls with my treo?

Is it possible? if so how?

Thanks in advance...

G.V

There are two parts to the connection between a Tomtom Go and a cell phone. The first is the straight "using the Tomtom as a hands free device". The second is to connect to Tomtom services such as weather, traffic, etc via the data connection on your phone. Keep in mind that while you may not be using the data connection on your phone, it IS available if you choose to use it.

You can follow my instructions for the Treo 680(which is also a PalmOS based phone) here, just note you may need to do a "pin reset" for this to work, which means you need to hit the little reset button on your Tomtom to do a hard reset(like the difference between just rebooting or shutting down your computer fully before starting it again):
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=75034&postcount=4

It is far easier to get the hands free operation working than the data connection. I have also noticed that I need to do a pin reset on my Tomtom 930 at least once a week to fix certain hiccups I run into, but you are probably used to popping out the battery on your Treo and then putting it back in from time to time to resolve issues as well).

Ask a Question