Pairing with Samsung

Recently purchased a GO910 and have been trying (unsucessfully) to pair it with my Samsung SCH-U420 (also known as a Nimbus, I think). It sees the phone but when it tries to search the phone features it gets to 10% and stops. After a few minutes the tomtom errors off and asks if I want to retry. I feel confidant the BT is working as the 910 "sees" the phone, just want pair with it.

Is it possible this is one of the phones with the "crippled" BT? I know getting it to be used as a modem for my laptop was an interesting experience but it works fine now.

Finally, even though I am new to this forum I would like to take the time to thank everyone here who provides this usefull service.

N

Recently purchased a GO910 and have been trying (unsucessfully) to pair it with my Samsung SCH-U420 (also known as a Nimbus, I think). It sees the phone but when it tries to search the phone features it gets to 10% and stops. After a few minutes the tomtom errors off and asks if I want to retry. I feel confidant the BT is working as the 910 "sees" the phone, just want pair with it.

Is it possible this is one of the phones with the "crippled" BT? I know getting it to be used as a modem for my laptop was an interesting experience but it works fine now.

Finally, even though I am new to this forum I would like to take the time to thank everyone here who provides this usefull service.

N

I have the same problem with a GO700 and Samsung SGH-t329 (Stripe). Strange thing is the phone can see the TomTom, but the TomTom can't see the phone, so no connection:mad: My phone BT is crippled in that file transfers are not supported only Headset and Hands free.

I have the same problem with a GO700 and Samsung SGH-t329 (Stripe). Strange thing is the phone can see the TomTom, but the TomTom can't see the phone, so no connection:mad: My phone BT is crippled in that file transfers are not supported only Headset and Hands free.

Yah, my phone will see the 910 but will not pair with it. Really don't need it for anything other than handsfree phone usage. Really don't want to get another phone just for this, nor to I want to have to keep up with one of those earpiece thingys, also I have a gracious plenty of cabling in my truck as is.

Make sure that the phone's bt setting is set to "visible". I have successfully paired a Samsung D900 with my Go910, and have the Go910 download the phone's address book. It automatically pairs everytime as soon as the Go910 is switched on.

Make sure that the phone's bt setting is set to "visible". I have successfully paired a Samsung D900 with my Go910, and have the Go910 download the phone's address book. It automatically pairs everytime as soon as the Go910 is switched on.

Thanks but I had that one covered.. It would see the phone, just stalled on feature discover. The good news is I did get it to work. Seemed to work better with everything on charge so I plugged the charger into the phone and the tt and then went at it a bit sideways. I started the plus signup and it ran me through the bt connection but this time it kept going. Now it works fine without being on charge. Don't know it it was that or the alternate connect route but it works now.

Thanks again from Alabama

Ask a Question