Pairing GO 630 with Sony Ericsson W580i

Hi folks, I am new to this forum and I have tried the search function but can't find anything similar to my problem.
While setting up this connection, I am trying to obtain the numbers from my phone for the phonebook on the TT. But when I check the phonebook on the TT , all the entries from my Sony appear twice .
Has anyone run across this before? Is it a glitch in the system? Any suggestions or help will be really appreciated. Thanks.

No idea why its done this although phone control via the TomTom is rather patchy depending which phone you have got. I would try connecting the device to your PC and use Windows Explorer to locate the "contacts" folder, in this folder is the "contacts.txt" file which you can open using NotePad and edit the items (delete the additional lines) - Save the file and the contacts list will be fine on the device - Mike

Mike, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. My daughter suggested that maybe the TT copied files from both the phone and the SIM card. That might explain why even after deleting contacts from the folder on the phone they still appeared when TT copied phone numbers.

Ask a Question