Pairing 2505 with Sony Ericsson MW600

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2505TM
Hello....I have a Sony Ericsson MW600 and I'm wondering if I can pair it with my Tom Tom Go 2505. The MW600 handles these Bluetooth profiles:
Bluetooth? Profiles Profile Handsfree profile
Version: 1.5
Role: Handsfree

Profile Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
Version: 1.0
Role: Sink

Profile Audio Video Remote Control Profile
Version: 1.4
Role: Controller

Profile Headset profileAudio Video Remote Control Profile
Version: 1.4
Role: Target

Profile Headset profile
Version: 1.1
Role: Headset

Thanks for any advice!!! ;-)

Hello....I have a Sony Ericsson MW600 and I'm wondering if I can pair it with my Tom Tom Go 2505. The MW600 handles these Bluetooth profiles:

Bluetooth™ Profiles Profile Handsfree profile
Version: 1.5
Role: Handsfree
That would be the one you want to target with your efforts, although the negotiation of that profile between your TT and handset should be automatic.

The profiles are compatible.

However, many brands don't implement the profiles 100% according to spec, so compatibility isn't always guaranteed.

Tomtom has a compatibility list on their website, but that's only a small subset of phones that work.

If it's a pre-purchase decision, I'd recommend checking a Best Buy to see if a GO 2535 is on display, and test pairing the demo model.

Thanks for the information...I already have the TT so I'll keep trying to get them to work together.

:D

Sorry for being obtuse!

I just meant some of the previous advice might need to be 'rewound' so we could start again....
They may have been thinking you were talking about a Sony Ericsson PHONE (I certainly did) without checking.

A phone would need to use the "handsfree" profile, but for these Sony Ericsson headphones you'll probably need one of the others.

At a guess, it may be the "Advanced Audio Distribution Profile" but it's not an area I know much about, I'm afraid and I've no idea what they mean by "Role: Sink".

Indeed - I'd assumed (badly) that the MW600 was a new phone I hadn't heard about. I now see that it's a BT headset unit.

I similarly misassumed the Sony was a phone. The GO 2505 doesn't support A2DP so it won't work with the MW600.

Would it be right to say that ONLY models with an mp3 player would have the BT A2DP support?

Ask a Question