Over speed alert

I wonder why the GO 910 which supposed to be the top of the line of TomTom does not have or support Over speed Audio Aleret. I have tried three types of GPS before the 910 and all of them where of a lower class of navigation systems but all of them had that nice feature. Is there a way to make GO 910 do the same in North America??

I wonder why the GO 910 which supposed to be the top of the line of TomTom does not have or support Over speed Audio Aleret.
The new upcoming V7 of the software have it! It will first come with the new GO520 and GO720 and will be available to other devices also!

The new upcoming V7 of the software have it! It will first come with the new GO520 and GO720 and will be available to other devices also!

I have a 720, and have it set to alert me if I am going faster than posted speed... but it hasn't done so yet. How much faster do you have to go?

That doesn't work on my One with Nav 7 either. Maybe need newer maps with more data????? It would need to know speed limits of all the streets on map.

The option of alerting if going over a "set speed" did work, but much less useful.

It will probally only give you a warning if (like others have said) it knows the speed limit of the road. In the map view you can tell this because it will say summin like 60/70mph when you have the spedometer enabled

Last edited:
overspeed works on my 720, it's a selection for pure speed only, it has nothing to do with the road itself. I plug in 70mph and the tone will sound above that speed.

It will probally only give you a warning if (like others have said) it knows the speed limit of the road. In the map view you can tell this because it will say summin like 60/870mph when you have the spedometer enabled
dang..870mph speed limit? hahaha

To ebola,
I have tomtom one XL the road speed elerts works great, which are hard to find in other models,
Just notice your post date brobable a bit late, but may be of help to others '
thanks New member, Paulps

Ask a Question