.ov2 file question

I understand before I even ask this question that someone has worked very hard on the files that we can download. So with that said is there a way I can take a file I downloaded from here for grocery stores and change it from an .ov2 file to an excel file. The reason I want to do this is to make some updates in my area, We have a food chain called sav-a-lot and I would like to ad it. I would then share it back with the whole group.

Thanks,
Craig
TomTOM ONE XL

yes you can, download www.poiedit.com and it will convert the .ov2 into a .csv file. You can make your changes there, then reconvert the file back to .ov2.
I will move this thread to the general section.

.ov2 File

Thank you for the answer. I am using a mac with os X.4 and I never saw a mac download for POIedit. Thanks for moving the thread to the correct place.

If you send me the file, I can fix it for you.
I'll PM you with my email address if you're interested.

hi can you convert a ov2 file for me and can it be uploaded to google maps
im trying to get my customer base on a map i can look at to get a view of the big picture so to speak
im using a mac or a pc but poiedit on the pc wont convert my file for some reason

any help is welcome

Craig4568:confused:

hi can you convert a ov2 file for me and can it be uploaded to google maps
im trying to get my customer base on a map i can look at to get a view of the big picture so to speak
im using a mac or a pc but poiedit on the pc wont convert my file for some reason

any help is welcome

Craig4568:confused:
Is POIEdit able to read your *.ov2 file successfully to begin with, or are there issues at that step?

No matter. Instead of POIEdit, you should try Tyre for this job since it is so flexible in the formats it can handle. It will import a TomTom *.ov2 and export the appropriate type of file so that you can view the results in Google Earth or Google Maps. It also exports all kinds of other formats. You can also use it with your TomTom for other purposes. Get it here: Tyre

Let us know how you make out with that package.

Ask a Question