.ov2 Downloads Now Available @ POI Factory

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
As the un-official ambassador for tomtomforums.com @ the POI Factory (I mention this site to most if not all TomTom owners that post in the TomTom users section over there - much to the chagrin of the OP's ;) ) I'd like to say that TomTom owners/users will now be able to download POI's in .ov2 format directly from that site. :)

No more need to download .csv files and convert them into .ov2 format in order to upload into your Tom Tom. I was able to download several files, including 3 that I created, using the new .ov2 button without any trouble whatsoever! :)

Mike

Be very careful and never ever trust those POIs 100%.
I'd downloaded a few files, I'd tried twice, both shifted me 20 miles off.
To be exactly, BestBuy in Nashua shown off 20 miles away and Circuit City in Nashua right on the cement bridge, 10 miles away from its true location.

But you can edit the location, so that should help.

When you discover a problem with the coordinates of any POI get in contact with the OPs of the site, or the author of the POI and send them an email with the correction/s. Many times both parties are not aware of any error/s until told about it/them! :)

As the author of several POI's I always appreciate input from GPSr owners as to whether my material is accurate or not! ;)

ML

Another thing that I have discovered quite by accident is that you can open the down loaded file with Tyre & google maps and then drag the POI to the correct location if you know it.

Ask a Question