Out of space on my TT...What now?

OK, I'm out of space on my TTone card after adding POI's, voices and splash screens. What are my options? Can I buy a bigger card?

I realize I will eventually delete some of the info I have added but still would like to know what my options are.

You can buy a bigger card and tranfer the files to there. Someone here has done this. Maybe they can shine the light. I'll find the exact instructions on how to do this.

Backup and then restore to new larger card. Did that for friends GO510 with 2 gig card - very easy and works great. Put the origional away in a secure location just in case.

Options

OK, I'm out of space on my TTone card after adding POI's, voices and splash screens. What are my options? Can I buy a bigger card?

I realize I will eventually delete some of the info I have added but still would like to know what my options are.

The cards provided by tomtom are just enough to add very little.
Voices take up alot of space.!Yes first back up your card then you can copy the card to a bigger card 2 GB buy a fast SD Card I have used Panasonic or Similar and works great. There are alot of great deals! Costco, Frys and Best Buy.

sd card

The simple answer is buy a bigger card.I use a Kingston 1gb card and have plenty of room for poi and others.

Just copying the files didn't work for me - the unit kept saying the card was invalid. Even doing a Backup and then restoring to the new card didn't work. I had to first install "TomTom application for GO, ONE, and RIDER" ver 6.520.
So - the steps that worked for me:
1) Format to 2GB FAT32 using an external Card Reader.
2) Install TomTom application for GO, ONE, and RIDER using either Card Reader or TT1.
3) Copy files from first card to the new 2GB card.
4) Drive happily into the sunset.
I ended up doing the whole thing via the Card Reader as it appeared to be faster than doing it through the TT1.
Hope this info is of use to someone else. I have no idea why my experience was diff than others.

Ask a Question