'other' mounting kits?

has anyone been able to find a mounting kit that would allow to have this GPS unit on their bike as advertised:
TomTom-RIDER-2.jpg
?

the only kit that came with it forces me to have it protruded way up from the steering bar and no matter where i position it it either blocks the view of the instruments, or doenst play well with existing cables routed on the steering.

the picture above, was how i imagined it to be mounted and really the only way it can be placed to coexist with everything els eon my bike,. but i cant find a mounting kit to do this.
has anyone noticed this advertisement discrepency and had any success?

The mounting is supplied by RAM mounts. They have their own website with a huge range of mounts for motorcycles. Take a look and choose what you need. Maybe the mount listed at: Part Details with a short arm may suit your needs?

PC

Yes, I had to get a couple Ram parts from an on-line supplier, and design my own set up. The supplied kits were useless.. It worked out fine, but I had to take the time to work it out. I used a short bar and put it on the riser bar I use on my Honda ST1300, and it sits nicely centered below the instruments.

Good luck.

thanks for the replies guys,

i did actually check RAM's website before posting here, but i didnt realize that i could pick and chose the components, i just used the drop down selector and it gave me the same combo kit that came with the unit.
i think the shorter bar is what i'll probably go with.
still its kind of strange that there is no exact kit as depicted in the photograph and other ads for tom tom (no bars. just direct handle bar to gps unit)

In looking even closer at the photograph in the advertisment, the Rider doesn't even look like it is sitting in the bike dock!! The speed on the bike speedo and that on the Rider don't match .... looks like some graphic designer just photoshopped a photo of the Rider onto a photo of a bike being ridden. You can't always believe what you see in a photograph!

PC

Ask a Question