Orlando Trip

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by lizgym, Nov 23, 2011.

1. lizgym

lizgym

I have a Tom Tom XL which I bought at Walmart while on holiday in Orlando 2 years ago. We are returning to Orlando next month and I wondered whether there is an add on of the tourist / shopping attractions.

When we hired a Sat Nav from a car rental shop 3 years ago their Sat Nav seemed to have everything I wanted on it under the POI, mine only has the maps so I have to type in everything.

Apologies, as you can probably tell I know nothing about Sat Nav's and just want to switch it on and be on my way.

Thanks

lizgym, Nov 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. lizgym

alfie67

TomTom Model(s):
    340S TM (2011), ONE XL (2008)
    Hi lizgym and welcome to TTF!

If you don't mind tapping through several screens on your TomTom, you can certainly find a ton of points of interest (POI's). The bad news is, since your device is two years old, and unless you have updated the map on the unit, chances are that *some* of the POI's will be out-of-date (as will some roads).

Not knowing your specific TomTom model, I'm guessing on the menu progression, but it is something similar to this:

- tap on the screen
    - choose Navigate To
    - select the state (e.g. Florida; you may have to scroll through the states or type in the name
    - choose Point of Interest
    - select POI in city (e.g. Orlando; ditto above)
    - choose the category (e.g. Amusement Park)
    - select your destination; I see that Sea World is listed on my 3+year old model XL :)

Enjoy your return to Orlando!

alfie67, Nov 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question