Original Color Scheme Question

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
Okay, so I have the Color Scheme Editor for TomTom and understand how to use it but I'm not looking to make a totally new color scheme. I like the Germanica scheme that comes on TomTom but I just want to tweak a few things (i.e. road colors). I also thought about taking the original shades (and using a color chart) go a few shades darker for my night time theme. I know it's not original but hey, I like it already. How can I go about getting that scheme so I can tweak it and not have to guess at the original colors to get me started. I looked on my tomtom but didn't see any of the original schemes. Any suggestions?

Starbiker67
:eek:

I'd like to do the same thing, just mod the cool grey scheme a bit. Please post up if you find an answer to your question - thanks.

This may help some. I found these but for some reason 2 of the originals are missing ( Australia and Deuteranopia )....Give it a shot :D

Attachments

• default_schemes.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 716
Okay, so I have the Color Scheme Editor for TomTom and understand how to use it but I'm not looking to make a totally new color scheme. I like the Germanica scheme that comes on TomTom but I just want to tweak a few things (i.e. road colors). I also thought about taking the original shades (and using a color chart) go a few shades darker for my night time theme. I know it's not original but hey, I like it already. How can I go about getting that scheme so I can tweak it and not have to guess at the original colors to get me started. I looked on my tomtom but didn't see any of the original schemes. Any suggestions?

Starbiker67
:eek:

I think the original may be on the website of the Color Scheme editor. Also, I think if you go to TT Home, you will find som variations of it that you could work with.

This may help some. I found these but for some reason 2 of the originals are missing ( Australia and Deuteranopia )....Give it a shot :D

Thanks Bakpain for that file. Been looking for the original "Antarctica" theme as I wanted to hake a half-brightness version of the night version. As I do night time, mostly rural deliveries, I find that even at the lowest brightness settings, they are all still too bright when driving in near darkness.

I have downloaded Color Scheme Editor and am working on it now. I will post the result for everyone to share when I have finished.

Cheers.

BINGO! I succeded in half-toning the "Antarctica" night theme. I have attached the file for you to try. I hope someone finds it useful. iIt works on my Tomtom One v3, but I have yet to test it at night time. And now I am working on a "Google Maps" theme. Will upload when done.

Attachments

• antartica half tones.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks for doing this. Antarctica is one of my favorite night colors. I'll look forward to trying it.

Antarctica Half-Tone Update.

I refined my Antarctica Half-Tone colour scheme. I have now dimmed the route information to quarter tone. I tried the first version at night away from any background light and the info bar, next road, and current road was still too bright. I have posted the file, and no, I haven't tried it yet. I also did a Google Maps colour scheme. Have only tried that one at home as a demo. Looks ok.

Oh, the Antarctica one is only the night scheme, and Google Maps is a day only scheme (make your daytime brightness 50% and it is almost perfect match.)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• google maps.zip
    1 KB · Views: 473
  • antartica half tones - quarter toned route details.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 454
Update!

I recently bought a "Factory Refurbished" ex-display TT XL 340s and tried my half toned Antarctica theme on it. Works a beauty! The Google Maps theme works well on my old One XL. Haven't tried on the new unit. (Now to search the forums for how to turn the damn voice off while leaving the warning tones on with the XL 340s. It's driving me up the wall. I don't need directions when running the same route, but warnings would be good.)

I think in Preferences-->Voice, once you select a voice, there appears a screen that allows you to uncheck 'read driving instructions'.

Something like that ......................:confused:

I recently bought a "Factory Refurbished" ex-display TT XL 340s and tried my half toned Antarctica theme on it. Works a beauty! The Google Maps theme works well on my old One XL. Haven't tried on the new unit. (Now to search the forums for how to turn the damn voice off while leaving the warning tones on with the XL 340s. It's driving me up the wall. I don't need directions when running the same route, but warnings would be good.)
If you want to hear alerts, but not driving instructions, you'll need to install a silent voice.

View attachment silent-voice.zip

In the zip file you'll find (among others) three data99.xxx files. Copy these three files into the "voices" directory of your device.
Then go to "Preferences", "Change voice" and you'll see one called "Special 39". Select this as your silent voice and you will get all the alerts but no driving instructions.
Do not mute the speaker, though.

Ask a Question