Optional warning when exceeding recorded speed limit

How does one enable/disable: Optional warning when exceeding recorded speed limit? I can't seem to find it.

I think you need TripMaster to do that. I downloaded it and installed it to the TomTom. It has a bunch of features like the speed warning (you set the max speed you want it to start warning you at) as well as your heading, altitude, and logging your tracks.

Hi bandyshop,

You don't need tripmaster. That option is under 'display preferences' i believe;

main menu > preferences > display preferences > speed​

I haven't found it on the 910, that's why I set up Tripmaster for that.

How does one enable/disable: Optional warning when exceeding recorded speed limit? I can't seem to find it.

While not the same thing as a warning, I have my TT set to turn the map display off above 75 MPH. Because it's something very different than the scrolling map, it serves as a visual cue that I'm exceeding the speed limit.

Note this suggestion doesn't really work too well for local roads, only highways.

I haven't found it on the 910, that's why I set up Tripmaster for that.

There's no "display preferences" and I can't find that function. When you get a chance could you check where it is? I would like to use it.

I know, I was just kidding. I think its a good feature. Hell, I think the roads would be a lot safer if everyone was reminded when they were speeding.

I like the Tripmaster feature where you can program 5 different speeds and switch them on the fly. I have them set for the various highway limits and can switch it to warn me when the limit changes. It'll be a super feature if I avoid getting stopped! :D

Still doesn't work?

My bad, it's 'Status bar preferences';

Main menu > change preferences > status bar preferences > speed

I've done that but still can't get it to warn me. I know that the feature is not available on all roads, but some of the major highways here, I would assume that it would have the speed limit in the maps. Are there certain voices that you have to use? How much above the speed limit should/would the device warn you?

:(

Ask a Question