Opting Out of Data Collection

After using my GO 2535M LIVE for 2 days it asked me for my permission to upload data? This question popped up without asking for it.

How do you switch this on and off?

TomTom says:

"We ask for your permission to collect historical data. You can opt in or opt out and can disable the data collection function at any time."

Mapshare options, if I remember correctly. However, the less data collected by TomTom, the less reliable IQ routing will be on future map updates.

After using my GO 2535M LIVE for 2 days it asked me for my permission to upload data? This question popped up without asking for it.

How do you switch this on and off?

TomTom says:

"We ask for your permission to collect historical data. You can opt in or opt out and can disable the data collection function at any time."

Mapshare options, if I remember correctly. However, the less data collected by TomTom, the less reliable IQ routing will be on future map updates.

There is a "Map corrections" in the settings menu, but this only covers downloading corrections by others. I am referring to the uplwith the uploading of data by cellphone

While I don't want to diminish the quality of HD Traffic, I would like to know that TomTom is actually living up to their pledge to allow this choice.

See: TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Facts

Interesting question.

On older devices it's done in Home....

Tools menu/Home Preferences/General tab/
Tick or un-tick Sharing preferences - Enable collection of anonymous usage statistics

I haven't seen anything similar in MyTomtom, but at the moment I don't have a device I can connect to MyTomTom and I know you get different results with something connected.

If you can't find anything in your installation of MyTomtom, then maybe once you've agreed, it's only "un-done" by a factory reset.

Ask a Question