Operate your rider-Tomtom Home

Well. I just connected my TTR2 to the PC and was informed that there was an update to the TT Home software :)

I opted to download and install this latestest version 2.6.1.1549 thinking this could be it, no this will be it, TT wil have finally sorted out the problem of the elusive 'Operatate my Rider'

Well , there is a nice shiney front end but will I now be able to link my TTR2 to the pc, I click the 'Operate my Rider' button and...................... no maps found :mad:

Well, I should not have expected much :rolleyes:

Pete

I think you will have to update your map before it will work. That's what finally did it for me. However, from what I can tell so far its not really worth the effort. I complained about it for a long time and could not get any support from TomTom. If you call and ask a question they will put you on hold so they can ask someone else and then tell you they don't know. Never a straight forward effort to solve the problem. Next time buy Garmin its still run by capitalist.

As I said earlier its no big loss because that that I have the function there is not really much I can do with it.

I think you will have to update your map before it will work. That's what finally did it for me. However, from what I can tell so far its not really worth the effort. I complained about it for a long time and could not get any support from TomTom. If you call and ask a question they will put you on hold so they can ask someone else and then tell you they don't know. Never a straight forward effort to solve the problem. Next time buy Garmin its still run by capitalist.

As I said earlier its no big loss because that that I have the function there is not really much I can do with it.

People have said that by updating my map this function should then work.
I'm a bit loathe to spend more money trying to get a function to work that was advertised at the time of purchase - it should be TT's problem to suply us with a product that works as they say and advertise it as.
Can't fathom their lack of customer service and responsibility. Anyway, from what you say I'm not missing a lot :(
Pete

I just suffered through this event myself and I can only advise anyone who comes upon this thread: MAKE SURE YOU GET AN UPDATED MAP DURING THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF OWNERSHIP BY WHATEVER METHOD NECESSARY! Even though their software told me I had the most current map (not) and therefore I didn't worry about it until I found I could not run Operate My Rider on the computer and found threads about it on this forum, they would not give me a new map even though I'm only about 2 weeks out of my 30 day wiindow. I bought the map update (ka ching) and all is working now...

Bob

Yeah I got in on the Beta test too. Do not care for their planner, to restrictive. Unless I am really missing something, you can use their route to get from point A to B. Can download start or end point.

I set up a trip on Tyre.

From Florida to NC, around the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles should make my Rider dizzy) into TN, back up the Skyway and up to the start of the Blue Ridge Parkway, following the parkway all the way to where it crosses I77 in VA, then back to FL. Took all the roads I want to ride. Uploaded the route plan to my Rider and it's ready to go. Now I just have to wait for warmer weather!!

If they can incorporate this into the TT planner, then they will have something.

Ha! I just got got back from this exact same trip (Orlando start point)... that was the reason I bought the GPS! Due to the 48 waypoint limit, I had to break it into segments on TYRE and load up about six itineraries. But it worked well and I only occasionally had to listen to the refrain "Turn around. Impossible."

NG

Just to add my .2 worth, i plugged in yesterday (have known for awhile about the HOME update) and went ahead and loaded the new HOME.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I went to "operate my rider" and lo and behold it still works!

It is always a crap shoot for many when updating either HOME or the application. So far I have lucked out.

Cheers!

I hear ya. That's what software engineers call "version control" and TT apparently didn't do a real good job of it. I've had an interesting discussion with support over the catch 22 (latest map guarantee?but can't get latest map through Home because it says I already have current map... but I dont... and so if I want to fix the Operate My Rider function I have to BUY the new maps that the system wouldn't let me have... and then I could use the latest map guarantee... but it's too late... etc.)

Apparently TTR is the only device they sell that was still distributed with Navteq maps, which were incompatible with HOME software. So now the maps are from TT's wholly owned subsidiary Tele Atlas.

Marijuana IS legal in the Netherlalnds, is it not?

NG

Tomtom navigator

Where can I get the old version 7.541 with the new version I can't operate my Tomtom with computer.

I have the same problem can,t operate my rider no maps found I have called tech support no help their have all the latest updates home version 26.4.1641 running on a PC and have updated to the latest maps no help Tech support emails cut and past answers none that work

then they close the case

time to close my case and send it back

I have the same problem can,t operate my rider no maps found I have called tech support no help their have all the latest updates home version 26.4.1641 running on a PC and have updated to the latest maps no help Tech support emails cut and past answers none that work

then they close the case

time to close my case and send it back

Mine has been working fine since I bought the maps I was supposed to get for free! :eek:

Yes I have seen other post that say I need the latest maps seems like TomTom tech support does not know this I have been on the phone with them from the first day now I am 3 days out of get the lateset map which being online from the frist day not sure why my map was not updated

Tech support sure needs some work people nice but know nothing

Good news with the latest map 830 na and latest home software it now works

not sure why map was not updating in the past but make sure you get the latest map

thanks to the people here the only place to find answers tech support can't help

Ask a Question