Operate your rider-Tomtom Home

How to get v.7.5.4.1

Where can I download version 7.541 for my TTR2? I have 7.540, and I can't operate the Rider from my computer using Home 2.4.0.104.

When you plug into HOME, it will do an auto update to 7.901

Operate my Rider wont work with that one either.

7.541 should already be on your computer. Connect to HOME and go to "add maps, etc" and scroll thru to "items on my computer". You should see a couple (at least) Applications. Open that page and select "add" beside the one that is 7.541. It will go in over top of your current application.

If for some reason you dont have 7.541, email me and I will send you the file and how to put it into your puter.

cheers

Last edited:
When you plug into HOME, it will do an auto update to 7.901

Operate my Rider wont work with that one either.

7.541 should already be on your computer. Connect to HOME and go to "add maps, etc" and scroll thru to "items on my computer". You should see a couple (at least) Applications. Open that page and select "add" beside the one that is 7.541. It will go in over top of your current application.

If for some reason you dont have 7.541, email me and I will send you the file and how to put it into your puter.

cheers

Me Too! Please? Send me the 7.541 and instructions. Man just bought this rider2 off the shelf at BB and the Home doesn't work. I'll have to cal them if I don't hear from ya soon, I tried the e-mail thingy, your'e right, no response(just automated) How did you mount your R2 to your Suzi?
:confused:
Bobbychet

TomTom Home

Me Too! Please? Send me the 7.541 and instructions. Man just bought this rider2 off the shelf at BB and the Home doesn't work. I'll have to cal them if I don't hear from ya soon, I tried the e-mail thingy, your'e right, no response(just automated) How did you mount your R2 to your Suzi?
:confused:
Bobbychet

Also when I'm in the Tom Tom home on my PC
When I click "Operate my Navagation Device"
I get the black Tom Tom screen then a blue screen
with select a map and the time on top
then in the middle of the screen, it says
No Maps found.
So I guess it's not seeing my Preloaded North American Map?
Bobbychet

Do a pin reset on your unit, dock it again and see if the emulator finds the map.

Do a pin reset on your unit, dock it again and see if the emulator finds the map.

Thanks for the ideas but no it doesn't see the map on the SD card I reset it twice.Funny though when I did the pin reset it didn't erase the saved addreses I had loaded on it.
Bobbychet

A factory reset will clear away all settings you have entered into your unit. You could try it. But try the clear flash tool found here first.

A factory reset will clear away all settings you have entered into your unit. You could try it. But try the clear flash tool found here first.

Well I called TomTom and was told the same thing.
I'll have to wait for the update.
Sucks this being a new product and all.
What about a emulator with a earlier map version?
Who has one or should I wait acouple months/years?:(
Bobbychet

Odd, I have the latest version of HOME and the latest application (7.901) and it works great.

What map are you using?....tap your main screen in the lower right corner, tap the version number in the white box, and see what map it shows your have in your unit. I dont know what map the newest purchased TTR2 comes with, but I know you can run the 8.15 map once you have the 7.901 application.

Cheers

Odd, I have the latest version of HOME and the latest application (7.901) and it works great.

What map are you using?....tap your main screen in the lower right corner, tap the version number in the white box, and see what map it shows your have in your unit. I dont know what map the newest purchased TTR2 comes with, but I know you can run the 8.15 map once you have the 7.901 application.

Cheers
I have v715.1712 for a Map and my App is 7.901
how do I get the 8.15 map?
thanks Bobbychet

I think that firmware for that model allows for the use of v8 maps. Assuming so, use Home to log into your account at TT, select Add Maps/Voices and you should be taken to a page where you can purchase updated maps for your unit.

I have v715.1712 for a Map and my App is 7.901
how do I get the 8.15 map?
thanks Bobbychet

Same map as I have.
You can go to "add maps" on TT HOME, or go to the map store on the TT web site.

Here is something you can try as well, I found it on another GPS forum:

"I would suggest getting the latest version of Java for one thing. It looks like Home uses Java applets.

IF this is the problem Home should warn to to update Java....but I'm not surprised, if this the problem, that it doesn't.

Go to control panel...open Java icon and select update from the tabs at the top."

Give it a whirl, it cant hurt to try. I actually have the latest update of Java, but I didnt DL it for this reason. My puter is set to auto update Java and I noticed that it did about a week prior to updating the HOME.

Update your Java, and maybe try deleting HOME and reinstalling it. Only takes a few minutes so what the heck.

Cheers

Last edited:
Same map as I have.
You can go to "add maps" on TT HOME, or go to the map store on the TT web site.

Here is something you can try as well, I found it on another GPS forum:

"I would suggest getting the latest version of Java for one thing. It looks like Home uses Java applets.

IF this is the problem Home should warn to to update Java....but I'm not surprised, if this the problem, that it doesn't.

Go to control panel...open Java icon and select update from the tabs at the top."

Give it a whirl, it cant hurt to try. I actually have the latest update of Java, but I didnt DL it for this reason. My puter is set to auto update Java and I noticed that it did about a week prior to updating the HOME.

Update your Java, and maybe try deleting HOME and reinstalling it. Only takes a few minutes so what the heck.

Cheers

Ok I'll try that
see ya soon Bobbychet

Ok I'll try that
see ya soon Bobbychet

Nope that didn't do it
I reinstalled Home then JAVA no go deleted them both
Then installed JAVA then Home
that didn't work
I'm doing a backup now and going to try to purchase a map and see if that works.
Bobbychet

Nope that didn't do it
I reinstalled Home then JAVA no go deleted them both
Then installed JAVA then Home
that didn't work
I'm doing a backup now and going to try to purchase a map and see if that works.
Bobbychet

UPDATE
you have to purchase a new map!
Unit works now with Home
Thanks Guys for your expertise.
Bobbychet

Bobbychet

TT has nbo clue what is going on, I've called and they can't figure it out. I try not to let it bother me that I spent excellent money on a product that doesn't work. Sounds like false advertising to me.... What can I do?

Bobbychet

UPDATE
you have to purchase a new map!
Unit works now with Home
Thanks Guys for your expertise.
Bobbychet

Sounds like you spent alot of money for something that should have work straight from the box, not sure but the last time I check the TT2 Rider is expensive and the new map is also expensive.

Glad to see that the device works though? Question, can you use the same card or do you need another one and does it replace the older maps?

Sounds like you spent alot of money for something that should have work straight from the box, not sure but the last time I check the TT2 Rider is expensive and the new map is also expensive.

Glad to see that the device works though? Question, can you use the same card or do you need another one and does it replace the older maps?

Hello
Use the same card
just send your old map to your PC
bobbychet

Ask a Question