Operate your rider-Tomtom Home

Already done. Update to the latest 2.4.0.104

It came out about 2 wks ago. Go to your HOME and if it doesnt automatically advise you to, go to Help and select Check for HOME update.

Cheers

ps: its a good idea to put your TT model and your location on your profile.

Thanks

I went and added that info to my profile.

I also checked to see if I had the latest version like you said and I have it. I still can't operate my Rider from my computer. I have a Mac BTW.

Ahhhh...ok

I think it uses a different version for a Mac, but I'm no expert on that subject. I do believe the latest Mac HOME version is 2.4.0.68. The info I am providing is also specific to a Rider2, I am not familiar with the diffences of a Rider.

Go to the following link and download HOME for a Mac to your puter. After installing HOME and you plug in your device, it should automatically download the latest application version.

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

Ensure that version is 7.541 on your Rider2. This is a must, as it contains the emulator to make that feature work.

To check your Rider application version, turn it on, tap the lower right corner of the screen, you will then see your version. If for some reason you have 6xx map, then you wont get a 7xx application. To find out what map version you have, tap the version number on the screen and it will tell you your map version. I currently have a 7.15 map on my Rider2.

Hope this helps.

If that doesnt work, you should call Support (dont waste your time emailing)

1-866-486-6866

Sometimes your lucky and get through right away, other times you have to wait awhile.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when Tomtom will update their software so we can operate our Riders from the Tomtom Home software?

I just updated my TT2 Rider and Home doesn't work with the actual Rider. Very disappointed with the product...

Dont give up....it is actually a great unit.

Make sure you have the latest HOME version and the latest application (7.541).

Connect to HOME, under the Help list, check on update to latest version of HOME.

It should do it automatically. It should have downloaded the emulator to operate that feature.

When you click on "operate my rider" does it show you the device and the screen is black with TomTom in the middle of it?...you then have to click on the screen.

If not, then contact support via phone, they are actually pretty helpful. Dont bother with email (total waste)..

Cheers

Last edited:
Dont give up....it is actually a great unit.

Make sure you have the latest HOME version and the latest application (7.541).

Connect to HOME, under the Help list, check on update to latest version of HOME.

It should do it automatically. It should have downloaded the emulator to operate that feature.

When you click on "operate my rider" does it show you the device and the screen is black with TomTom in the middle of it?...you then have to click on the screen.

If not, then contact support via phone, they are actually pretty helpful. Dont bother with email (total waste)..

Cheers

I have tried everything and it still doesn't work but it's not like I can return the product, I'm stuck with it but it does work well for the bike and car.

hmm...thats very odd

I had just done the upgrade to the latest application 7.901 and that lost my ability to use "operate my rider".

I reinstalled 7.541 and it is fine again.

I will find the emulator, and maybe u can copy it into your device and see if that works.

cheers

I am glad you asked this question. When will the 'operate my TomTom' software work?
I submit the quetion to HQ every 2 or 3 days just to make sure they know they have to make this software work.
The unit as sold is rampant with false advertising. It is not possible to set a security code. It is not possible to use a computer to plan an itinerary.
I purchased my unit about one month ago from BestBuy in the US while on a road trip.
I have now notified BestBuy that the product does not work as advertised either in the liturature nor by the sales person. I suggested that they remove the product from the shelves.
That was last week.
Today I will follow through with more requests to recall the product from sales until Rider fixes the software. OR a full refund. Including the expenses I have incurred by trying to make the unit do what the package says the unit will do.

I hate getting ripped off like this.

Ranger, that is odd, as I can set a code and plan an itinarary on my puter using HOME.

Make sure you have application 7.541 on your device, as it seems the latest 7.901 takes away that feature (at least until they fix it).

Cheers

Ranger, that is odd, as I can set a code and plan an itinarary on my puter using HOME.

Make sure you have application 7.541 on your device, as it seems the latest 7.901 takes away that feature (at least until they fix it).

Cheers

I still can't get TT home (version: 2.4.0.104), 'Operate my Rider' itinerary function and TTR2 to comunicate with each other - very frustrating!

Pete :confused: :( :mad:

Just checked I have 7.901 installed on my TTR2 - but it didn't work previously with 7.541 either???

Last edited:
I still can't get TT home (version: 2.4.0.104), 'Operate my Rider' itinerary function and TTR2 to comunicate with each other - very frustrating!

Pete :confused: :( :mad:

Just checked I have 7.901 installed on my TTR2 - but it didn't work previously with 7.541 either???

When you first clicked on "operate my rider", did a file quickly download?

I might suggest going back to the 7.541 as the feature definatly does not work on the new 7.901

Cheers

When you first clicked on "operate my rider", did a file quickly download?

I might suggest going back to the 7.541 as the feature definatly does not work on the new 7.901

Cheers

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had not connected my TTR2 to my pc lately so I thought I would connect & do an update this evening. Initially an update to get the latest version of TT Home, still would not connect with pc via 'Operate my PC' - then updated my TTR2. After these downloads I tried 'Operate..... ' & had the 'you need to download a small file' message. Clicked to download the file thinking is this going to work for the first time but alas no :(
Disconnected TTR2 from pc & checked version to add to my post.

How easy it it to go back to 7.541 map?

Another question: are you able to use larger sd cards in the TTR2 or is the copyright so tight that the unit only works with the original card?

Thanks for your help
Regards
Pete

It is easy to go back to the 7.541

Connect to HOME, then go to "add maps, traffic, voices, etc" and then scroll thru until you come to "items on my computer". You will see the applications on your device, the 7.541 should still be there. You can check the version by clicking on "more info". Just click on "add" and it will copy into your device right over top of the 7.901

I have a Sandisk 1GB card in mine, my original map was the V667 (upgraded to v675) and when I upgraded to the 715 I used a new card and kept the old one just in case I lost this card.

Cheers

rcacs, thanks again for the reply.
Followed your instructions to re-install v7.541 worked a treat.
Unfortunitely same problem, 'no maps found', when trying to connect to 'Operate my Rider'.

TT really know how to p*** customers off - they have down to a fine art!

Anyway, glad that you are able to use your plan a route function :cool:

Pete:D

I'm running Microsoft Vista OS.

Just deleted TT Home & reinstalled the latest version from the web site link you provided - still the same outcome I'm afraid, but thanks for the suggestions.
Pete

Cheers

by chance can you email me the info for the correct MAP and software that will make my rider work correctly. Seems frustrating to make it work when you have to resort to tricks to make it work when it shouldn't be like that. :confused:

I have a 7.15 map and a 675 map. Both function on HOME using the "operate my rider" feature.

I have application 7.541, and my HOME is the latest version.

When I did download the new application 7.901, "operate my rider" function ceased to work, even tho it showed it was loading a new emulator.

I went back to the 7.541 and all is well.

I see that map 8.15 is now available for the Rider, but Im going to wait until the next riding season before upgrading my map.

cheers

Ask a Question