Operate my Go in TT Home doesnt works

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720T
I have just installed TomTom Home in my new computer, I use the newest version of TomTom Home (2.6). And now I cant use Operate my Go thru TomTom Home, the icon is also gray in TomTom Home. And when I click on the icon I get the message "You cannot use this feature because it is not supported by yot device". I really need a solution.

You may need to have a newer version of your application. Go to Update your Device and see if it shows a new application.

Application 8.302 works good with my Go in Operate my GO in Home.. 8.301 had problems, as did some other earlier apps.

It may tell you that you need to download an additional component - that is a good sign - do it and you will be in business.

In Home, Tools-->Preferences, first screen, there is a checkbox to check for newer application versions for the device when you connect to the computer. Check that and connect your unit, see if 8.302 is offered.

Must I use Home to get update, if i have the firmvare downloaded, is no way no install it. I just get a error message when I use Home rigt now. It tells me thats a problem with a server.

Their servers are flakey quite often. I'd just try again later.

You can also log directly into the TomTom site and dl the latest application for your unit (hopefully 8.302) without using Home.

Download it and use a file expander like winrar or similar to extract the contained files and let them overwrite those in the unit.

Make an Explorer backup of your unit's contents before hand. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Should I find were the files should be, myself. Or should the content of the "8.302.gox20.CAB-navcore-GO" be in one directory on the unit?

If you use winrar it'll extract the files to the appropriate folder or the root as necessary.

I would also keep trying Home's update process. It is so much easier (if the server is up of course).

If not, before you try to load the new app manually, have Home copy the existing application back to your computer, so if you get the new one messed up, you could easily re-install the old one if you needed to use your unit right away.

Hopefully you will get the 8.302 up Ok, as that will fix your problem with Operate My GO. I did not install 8.301 for just that reason.

No I find the problem with the unit, I have a memorycard that I use f?r mp3, but when I looked on that memorycard then I could find corefiles on it. I have corefiles on both internalmemory and memorycard, I think yhat I havent been consistent when I choose which memory I want to select when I connect to my unit. I just put out the memory card and after that I could update my unit with TomTom Home, after that I could connect to my unit thru TomTom Home. After that i deleted all files except the mp3-files in the directory "MP3". Now my TomTom 720T just work fine.

Excellent! Now, make a full Explorer, not Home, backup of both internal and another backup of the sd card contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

with my 920 when I had the 8.301 and connected to tom tom home it recognized that 8.302 was available and when I pressed to check for updates on the internal storage it automatically came up to download

Multiple issues after upgrading to latest @Home

After upgrading Tom Tom Home to version 2.6.1.1549 and the Go 720 to App 8.302 I lost the ability to do Backups or restores, Operate my Go, do anything with Map Share, or get computer voices. I always get the message that my unit is not compatable with this selection.

Tomtom suggest that I delete the Home app and reinstall it to vesion 2.3 and then let it update back to 2.6. I did and nothing changed.

I have 3 other units that I would like to upgrade but want till I get this one working.

I do have a 4GB SD card installed. I always choose the SD card for all updates and downloads.

Dave

Multiple issues after upgrading to latest @Home

After upgrading Tom Tom Home to version 2.6.1.1549 and the Go 720 to App 8.302 I lost the ability to do Backups or restores, Operate my Go, do anything with Map Share, or get computer voices. I always get the message that my unit is not compatable with this selection.

Tomtom suggest that I delete the Home app and reinstall it to vesion 2.3 and then let it update back to 2.6. I did and nothing changed.

I have 3 other units that I would like to upgrade but want till I get this one working.

I do have a 4GB SD card installed. I always choose the SD card for all updates and downloads.

Dave

Me too !!! updated HOME to the 2.6.1.1 and I have the same issues. I to have a 4 gig SD card with all applications on it. To make it even more strange, connected to my 920T everything works fine.

Same here (on my Go 720). The only solution I've found is to do a full reset (through the navigator menus - not a "pin reset") and then it recognizes the computer (TTS = Text-to-Speech) voices. Of course, you'll have to remember and re-set every option you have used on your unit. PITA, but it works.

Additional component

Sorry did not see the quote thingy on the side
03-24-2009, 02:27 AM

You may need to have a newer version of your application. Go to Update your Device and see if it shows a new application.

Application 8.302 works good with my Go in Operate my GO in Home.. 8.301 had problems, as did some other earlier apps.

It may tell you that you need to download an additional component - that is a good sign - do it and you will be in business.

What is the additional component, and how can you get it?

What is the additional component, and how can you get it?

The Operate My GO functionality is basically a clone of Tomtom device software that is downloaded to the computer. The "additional component" is the one-time download of this software clone.

Ask a Question