"Operate my Go" does not work with my Mac OS 10.5

I tried to use TomTom Home's "Operate my Go" function with my Go720 on my Mac Book Pro (OS 10.5.1) but it didn't work. It gave me the following error message: "This function is not yet supported for your TomTom device or operating system". I called the support and the support guy told me to upgrade my Go to 8.0.1 but after I upgraded my Go I still got the same error. Is this a known issue with TT Go720/TT Home2.2 on Mac OS 10.5.1? Thank you.

Yes. This has happened with the last revision of the operating system (7.2xx ->8.0.1). I think some one may have patched it in Windows, but no joy on the macs. I haven't seen any changes on any of the posts. You can go back to the earlier operating system and it works. Not sure though.

Known issue. I'm not sure why you want to operate it from the confuser anyway?
I do occasionally, when playing with custom menus. Much easier for me to visualize the icon layouts...and definitely faster than repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting the unit. :shrugs::

R?

OK, there is a fix. Try connecting via TThome and you get a new file downloaded. Works perfect.:D

Yep, this happened to me with the previous firmware. Tonight, I installed 8.010 and when I tried "Operate my Go" a file was downloaded and it started working from my MacBook (10.5.4)

Dave

p.s. I kept vr with NO problems!

operate me

Yep, this happened to me with the previous firmware. Tonight, I installed 8.010 and when I tried "Operate my Go" a file was downloaded and it started working from my MacBook (10.5.4)

Dave

MIne has not been so easy. I am still working with TomTom to get it working.
Joey

Dave

I had upgraded to 8.010 quite some time ago, but Operate My Go still did not work. After reading this post I gave it another try, it downloaded a file to my TomTom and now it is working. I thought for sure they had to change something with the TomTom Home application for Macs, but apparently not.

Note that it upgraded my firmware to 8.011.

This is nice, full functionality on a Mac.

Last edited:

Ask a Question