Ooops, TomTom Drop

Did you try reseting it? Only thing I can think of, did when my 910 froze on me and it brought it back

Have tried the reset a number of times. Now have a screen that has a list of paramaters, such as Hardware Type; Bootloader Version; Compiled At; etc. Can't get rid of this screen, can't get the 910 shut down. It comes right back on after the reset with the same screen. Tried hoding in the reset button for 10 seconds, resetting while holding the power button, no difference. Frustrating, but interesting.
Andy

For SD card based TT, the screen you are talking about happens when there is no SD in the slot and the power button held.

In your case, since you have a 910, you have a hard drive. Perhaps its possible something wrong with the drive.

Can you even connect it to the computer?

It's probably better in this case to let the technicians fix it.

Looks like that is the solution. I cannot get the 910 to turn off, and it won't connect to the computer when it's in the dock. I can't figure out what to do, so it's back to Future Shop tomorrow. Time to put the extended warranty to the test.
Thanksfor your help, I'll keep everyone posted on the solution.
Andy

Future Shop wanted to take it back on the spot but they do not have any 910's in stock (possibly awaiting the 920's??).
The question is, do I try to get a 910 so I canotinue with Tripmaster and the other add-ons I have, or wait for the 920 (I really like the idea of the FM transmitter built in). I don't really need the GPS at the moment.
Any thoughts on the 910 vs 920?
Andy

Well, the 920 doesn't exist (at least for now) so any mention of the unit is trivial.

I think the 910 is a great unit and should have a long life. However, tripmaster will cease to function when the NavCore 7 rolls out unless the author can find a way to make it work without having an SDK.

Did u try to run on battery until it's dead, then charge it to see whether it will reboot ?

Last edited:
Yup, let it run down, then charged and it booted up properly. Problem is, it won't turn off. When I did a reset, it goes back to the diagnostic screen.
The next thing to try would be to let it discharge, then clean out the software and re-load from TomTom Home prior to trying to shut it off. My concern is there is something wrong with the 910, and even if I get it working now will it keep working, or will the problem come back? Now it is easy to demonstrate to Fuure Shop that it isn't working properly.
Andy

Ask a Question