one xl wont reset

Hi I get a nice new one xl for xmas and the thing was happy for a while till I loaded up a map and the thing will not start up all it shows is the start up screen and refuses to re-set.... the shop owner is on holidays and is uncontactable for several weeks.Any Ideas?????

Hi I get a nice new one xl for xmas and the thing was happy for a while till I loaded up a map and the thing will not start up all it shows is the start up screen and refuses to re-set.... the shop owner is on holidays and is uncontactable for several weeks.Any Ideas?????

Are you following this procedure to RESET?:
1) Press and HOLD power button
2) While holding power button, press in RESET button
3) While still holding power button, release RESET button
4) Continue holding power button, you should see TomTom reboot

Hi ,now I know how to reset the creature however it starts up with a picture of a computer loading up and askes for the activation code and will not go any further, however I believe to get the activation code i think we need the product code which is in the device happily hiding in a place it wont let me access.
I thought the product code was in the box like the 710s and appears sucessfully loaded a map without finding the code first.

You live and learn

Hi ,now I know how to reset the creature however it starts up with a picture of a computer loading up and askes for the activation code and will not go any further, however I believe to get the activation code i think we need the product code which is in the device happily hiding in a place it wont let me access.
I thought the product code was in the box like the 710s and appears sucessfully loaded a map without finding the code first.

You live and learn

The clear Flash tool is supposed to remedy problems including the unit's asking for an activation code.

Download it here: http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4

Ask a Question