One XL USB/power plug

Has anyone had any problems with the USB/power jack. Mine kept getting loser and loser, and now it is getting to the point that it no longer charges the unit's battery. I saw a related posting on the list, but it involved replacing the battery with a set of triple-A batteries. That seems like a very inefficient way to correct the problem. Is there a way to replace the USB/power jack on the unit?

I thought my 720 was having the same problem - even opened the unit up to see what kind of damage was involved. Turned out to be the mini-B connector on the car charger itself rather than the mini-B on the unit (which was still solidly connected to the board, of course). If you have a spare cable to hook from your computer (could be for digital camera, etc.), try that first.

Mike Alder has pointed to a vendor for a connector whose pads match. With one of those and someone reasonably handy with SMT soldering it wouldn't be that bad a job. The lands for the connector are pretty large.

Ask a Question