One XL shows map double

Hallo,

i have installed the new USA-Maps v8.15. By mistake i couldn`t use the map and i installed it again. When i`m changing the maps in my TomTom it shows the USA-Map double. Are there any experiences what the problem ist ?

The Folder on my SD-Card is only one time available. How can i handle this ?

Hallo,

i have installed the new USA-Maps v8.15. By mistake i couldn`t use the map and i installed it again. When i`m changing the maps in my TomTom it shows the USA-Map double. Are there any experiences what the problem ist ?

The Folder on my SD-Card is only one time available. How can i handle this ?

I'm just not sure how that's possible. I highly doubt the One XL can hold 2 maps like that. There's most likely only 1 physical map on the unit. Somewhere along the installation, a database file most likely screwed up. I used to own a One XL, and when I had map 725 installed, I had under 200 MB of free space, the unit having 1 GB memory.

You could try deleting the maps completely from the unit, and then reinstall the map from TomTom Home.

Last edited:
Hallo,

i already deleted the file "United_States" and installed it via Home completely new. Nothing`s changed.

You should have a folder named sometime like "USA&Canada"

Delete the folder, then reinstall the map using Home. Make a backup of the unit first though. If that doesn't work, wipe out the whole unit, then reinstall everything from scratch using Home software. Home will reinstall everything on your unit, one step at a time. You will have to keep restarting the unit upon every install of navcore.

Remember, FULL BACKUP FIRST!

Ohh and make sure you don't have that folder on BOTH your internal memory and SD card. I personally keep ALLLLL of my files on the SD card (OS, voices, maps, etc) to avoid this type of problem. That way, anytime I connect to Home, I ONLY have to choose "Memory card"

Last edited:
Hallo,

i bought only the US-Map so the name of the folder is not USA_Kanada but this doens`t matter.

I have all maps on my SD-Card as my One XL is not working with internal memory. I already reinstalled this Map but i cannot find any fault in installation.

Ask a Question