one xl-s..no maps found

Status
Not open for further replies.

hut

Hi,
I've got One XL-S today...but now... I totally messed up...

I made a back up by using Home, and then remove items to download the latest map...
I removed- Guam map, voices not used, point of interest, start-up images, shut down images, phone connection settings...
After installing the latest map... my device is only showing "no maps found"...
I tried to restore, but it says "no backups available"!!!!
I found something like backup files in my computer and reinstalled them to my device...
but it doesn't work! when click the 'show the content of my device', it says "no items available".
Please help me!!! I'm totally unfamiliar with machine...

When you use Explorer, do you see contents of the unit? If so, do you see a specific map folder? Are there a bunch of files in it?

If all the above is 'yes', see if anything here helps.

Also, if you do see the map folder on the unit, you can try to reinstall the latest application to see if that helps.

Unfortunately, your situation is another reason why we recommend only Explorer, not Home, backups/restores.

almost the same

i am having almost the same problem. In my case actually the map files are still there in the internal memory but when i turn my device on it just cannot find the map and says " No Maps Found" please help !!!

Was the map gotten from TomTom? Do you have more than one map folder? Do you have the latest application for your model? Did you look at the link I provided a few posts higher in the thread?

The map i have was in my tomtom unit when i bought it. There are no other map folders beside this one. The applications are the latest according to tomtom home. I looked at the link you suggested but i cant find proper solution in them. (sorry for posting new thread)

i am having almost the same problem. In my case actually the map files are still there in the internal memory but when i turn my device on it just cannot find the map and says " No Maps Found" please help !!!

Check and see if you have the newest application installed. In some cases, older versions of the application cannot "see" newer map versions.

If there is a newer application available, you may need to install it and then reinstall the latest map.

problem solved

My problem was that new application wasn't installed...so i got a new SD card and installed new map and new application... and it works!
but, I couldn't reinstall the deleted items.. actually reinstalled but not showing in new SD card..
so, I called the service center... and can find the deleted items at Home / Add traffics,voices... / items on my computer... and just click add... then I can reinstall all... thank you for reply!!!

One question i have is that possible to use the North America (more detail) map in the TomTom one XL instead of the USA_and Canada map?

You used to be able to 'fool' Home/TT site into offering a map not really meant for your device. No longer. You won't even get offered the NA map. Plus, it requires a 2-gig storage just to (barely) get it installed.

ok! Guys i think that if i format my unit it would start finding its map. Am i right ? But how can i do that and will be able to put back all the files and how ?

What model do you have? Have you a backup of your unit's contents? If so, is the backup done using Explorer?

My unit is TT XL europe 31. I do not have a backup but i can make one. What should it be done with? Explorer or TT Home ?

Last edited:
Backups should always be done using Explorer, not Home. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.
Have you tried a reset on your unit (not sure whether your model has a dedicated reset hole on the bottom or whether you have to hold the power button for about 15 seconds.

If the reset doesn't help, then make the Explorer backup. Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Then start Home. It should offer to dl and install the application again. Allow it to do so. And see if the map gets 'seen' after that.

If not, it may be a case where the map (do you know what map and version it is? A way to tell is this: use Explorer to look at the contents of the map folder. One text file has an extension of .pna. Open it and it gives information as to what map it is and on the next row the version. It should say something like 830) is an older one and can't be detected by the newer application.

Well, the newest application should probably work with it.

Take the steps I suggested in the previous post about backing up, deleting loose files, redownloading & installing the application and seeing if it works.

You did try a unit reset, didn't you?

Yes, I did a couple of times but nothing happened. I'm now downloading the applicantion using TT Home . I will let you know with the result

Nothing happened ! Again a Silver Screen saying No Maps Found! Is there a tool that can return the factory settings it might help or i dont know my ideas are over. Dont know what to do :(

Wait a minute........

I just noticed you editted one of your posts.

Where did you get WE 815_TRUCK ???????

That's not a correct map for your unit, I don't think. That could be the source of the problem.

Sounds like a dodgy map to me, AFAIK the Truck option or more correctly named "Work" option uses Bluetooth to compunicate with a module in the vehicle, as it needs Bluetooth it woudn't be offered on an XL 31 as that doesn't have Bluetooth for communication - Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question