One XL-S included POI question

I'm a Tomtom 910 user and was considering getting a One XLS for a niece as her high school graduation gift. When playing around with one at Best Buy I couldn't find a POI category that contained retail shops like I have in my 900. Did I overlook it, or is a shopping category not there on the One XLS? My thought is if she and her girlfriends take a weekend road trip somewhere would they be able to look up specific shops they might want to find? What about nightclubs?

I'm a Tomtom 910 user and was considering getting a One XLS for a niece as her high school graduation gift. When playing around with one at Best Buy I couldn't find a POI category that contained retail shops like I have in my 900. Did I overlook it, or is a shopping category not there on the One XLS? My thought is if she and her girlfriends take a weekend road trip somewhere would they be able to look up specific shops they might want to find? What about nightclubs?

The XL-S only has 1GB of internal memory and it's internal POI is rather limited when compared to GO 9x0s. The latest map for the XL-S for USA and Canada has a POI.DAT of 64,755KB as opposed to NA map v800,1762 of the x30 POI.Dat of 289,825KB plus its CRPOI.DAT of 173 MB. The XL-S has very limited additional memory available. The option is to add an SD card but you need to remember that all that all the content of the internal memory will need to be copied to the SD card because, once the SD card is in the slot, internal memory is not accessible by the TT system and is the same rule for all ONE models. This means you need a card of 2GB or more to have more space than the original internal memory. If you get an SDHC card, plan on getting an adapter for it because the TT USB connection is limited to standard v1.1 which is s-l-o-w and likely to be problematic when connected thru Home.

Last edited:

Ask a Question