one xl red dot white x

went to do an update now have x on start up talked to tt techs and nothing worked my problem is I cant format the tt it starts to format then say format failed please help me out!!!!

Did you (hopefully) make a backup using Explorer, not Home, prior to the update?

If so, use Explorer to remove the loose file in the root of the unit BUT NO FOLDERS!

Now, use Explorer to copy back the loose files in your backup to the unit.

If you don't have a backup you can try this: remove the loose files using Explorer. Start Home with your unit connected. Home should see you don't have firmware installed and offer it as a dl. Accept and install.

If this works, then make a complete backup using Explorer, not Home.

And, disconnect the device properly! Use Home's menu--Device disconnect. When it says it's safe to disconnect, DON'T!!!

Wait till the unit boots to the screen asking if you want to connect to the computer. Say no and then power off.

I dont have a backup my computer see's it as removable disk I cant open it it say's the disk in drive is not formated format now I click yes it starts format then say's windows cant complete format If I go to tomtom home it dont even reconize

Hmmmmmmm.....

Have you tried a pin reset for about 10 seconds and then try again?

When you buy a map, you can reinstall for 1 year from date of purchase. First try using Update my Device option in Home and see if a map is offered for free. If so, dl and install it.

If not, log into tomtom.com with your account, then you'll see an icon at the top labelled My TomTom, click it. (You may have to click the Support menu first).

In the My TomTom screen, look on the right side under 'My Plus Services', under Maps, you should see your map listed. Click it to dl and install.

Once the installation is done, backup your entire unit using Explorer, not Home.

THEN............

Disconnect the unit properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask a Question