ONE XL Reboots over and over from TomTom screen

I have a ONE XL S which had a bad battery. I recently replaced the battery with one from a ONE V3 with a bad screen and it worked fine for several days but now I'm having a new problem.

When the ONE is connected to the car charger and I press the On button it flashes the TomTom logo and plays almost all of the startup sound and then goes black. If I continue to hold the On button it just repeats this cycle. I noticed earlier today that even though it was plugged in to the charger it would suddenly show it as not charging (green light still on). If I disconnected and connected the power supply it would show as charging again for a few minutes and then repeat.

I tried a Pin reset using pin to reset the button near the SD slot.I held it down momentarily, 5sec and about 20sec on various tries. No effect on the above issues.

When plugged into the computer via USB it starts up normally and communicates with Home. I also just updated the software via Home to the latest version and installed a file called something like "quickgpsfix" also via home.

I'm new to GPS troubleshooting and I appreciate your help, I'll go back to searching the forum now!

I eventually found that my problem was with the power supply to the cigarette lighter plug in my car. I had a blown fuse and it was being backfed by the OBD II system which was supplying enough voltage to light the LED but not enough to run the TomTom.

Even with a charged battery in the One it would die when attached to the car charger so I guess it prefers charger input over battery even if the voltage is lower.

Just wanted to follow up with my solution for future searchers.

/\/\ac

Ask a Question