ONE XL in a 2002 Ford Explorer

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom one XL
Well I finally got it done! I know a few of you where saying not to use this location due to blocking off the vent, but I got a really good idea when I was in the shop. This is where i wanted it.

withventinplace.jpg

This is what I came up with(my first round in the shop)

aftersometimeinthemachineshopwithso.jpg

This was my final product after machining a spot on it for the hard wiring to come through as you can see I made it so the air could still pass through to the window to keep it fog free, and I gave it a nice flat black paint job, tapped a few holes to mount my mount to.

finalizedwithpaintjob.jpg

And here is the end result I thought it turned out pretty good one thing left to do is to run the wire up in which will get done shortly.

mountinventlocation.jpg

Bootingup.jpg

backseatview.jpg

Thanks for all who posted! made for some good ideas.

nice

very sweet install, i have the same truck. How much would you charge to make another one of those?

VERY impressive. Sounds like there are a number of people who have an explorer/ranger/Mazda who could all use the same idea. I suspect that this piece would be inexpensive if you ordered 10.... pricey if you had 1 made...

VERY impressive. Sounds like there are a number of people who have an explorer/ranger/Mazda who could all use the same idea. I suspect that this piece would be inexpensive if you ordered 10.... pricey if you had 1 made...

it was more the time and help needed to machine it to be honest either staying late after work or skipping my lunch hour.

Innovative mount location!

Wow, I need you on our design team. Here at Arkon, I thought we had tapped into just about all mounting locations in the vehicle. However, it seems like you've come up with an ingenious new approach to mount.

You took the Arkon TTOXL128 Multi Angle Dash Pedestal and then created your own custom base to fit into that circular air conditioning vent.
Very cool indeed!

http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_one_xl_mount.php

Kudos to you!

Aaron Roth
VP, Marketing & Sales
Arkon Resources, Inc.

Ask a Question