ONE XL changes night map color scheme after every update

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL
First, the relevant version info:

TomTom HOME 2.5.2.60
App 8.010
Map USA & Canada 710.1575

I have an odd issue with my ONE XL. Every time I connect it to my computer and update via TomTom HOME, my night map color scheme is reset. My day color scheme (America) doesn't change. It's just my night color scheme. I use the America color scheme for night also, but after every update, it reverts to Astra.

Has anyone else experienced it? Know a fix?

Last edited:
It's a known issue that sometimes some settings are lost after disconnecting from Home. For many losing settings, it is the computer or other voice that's deselected. Different versions of Home seem to have their own idiosyncracies.

It's a known issue that sometimes some settings are lost after disconnecting from Home. For many losing settings, it is the computer or other voice that's deselected. Different versions of Home seem to have their own idiosyncracies.

Haha, I guess I can live with it then. Very strange, but at least it still works.

My One 125 did the same thing for a while. It doesn't anymore, and I don't know what I may have done to cause it to do, or what I may have done to stop it. But, like I said, no more. So maybe in time yours will stop too.

Haha, I guess I can live with it then. Very strange, but at least it still works.

I got my One XLS where I wanted it with maps, voices, car icons, my own start up splash screen, did a "Back up" and never did another firmware update...If it ain't broke, don't update with TomTom or Home, because it will break it then. ;)

I just do GPS quick fix updates, and some mapshare stuff, but not the OS...Whew!

Ask a Question