one xl cant connect, please help!

i didnt realize you werent supposed to disconnect tt without clcking disconnect on ur computer prior to doing it. so now im stuck with a big red x, and it only goes away when i plug it back into my computer, problem is, tthome doesnt recognize any devices, although my computer does recognize it. i have no sd card either.

i didnt realize you werent supposed to disconnect tt without clcking disconnect on ur computer prior to doing it. so now im stuck with a big red x, and it only goes away when i plug it back into my computer, problem is, tthome doesnt recognize any devices, although my computer does recognize it. i have no sd card either.

In HOME, are you able to click on device>change device>and select the ONE XL?

How about reseting the unit? There is a hole on the bottom of the unit where you need to stick a safety pin to be able to push the reset button.

no backup. and i have reset it and the same x pops up and all. and no i cant change device, it says, not compatible devices connected.

Without that back up and reset the unit can't restore itself.
How long have you had your unit? If less than a month, I would suggest to exchange your unit for another. That is what happened to my ONE when I purchased it.

keep trying.

for me, i got the X too.

i dont exactly know what i did but i eventually woke the thing up. i kept plugging it back in.

restarting.

resetting.

all sorts...

There is a way if you can connect your device to your computer and try to install an older firmwire then reinstall the new one. I can't find a firmwire from tomtom's website. You might have to contact TT Support so they can send you the file to download it.

I have a question: why you don't use a diferent SD card? When I bought my TT XL, first think what I do it's to make a copy a card. Usualy I use a copy and original card I keep it in safe place.

I have a question: why you don't use a diferent SD card? When I bought my TT XL, first think what I do it's to make a copy a card. Usualy I use a copy and original card I keep it in safe place.

The ONE XL doesn't come with an XL card. I guess what you can do is if you have at least 1GB SD card try copy the contents of the internal memory to the SD card and see if that will boot up.

I don't think it will work but I guess it worth a try.

OOPS! Sorry... I have Regional version of TT XL, and I have SD, but, I don't have internal memory....
I put this question to TT Support and I receive an ambiguos response.

Ask a Question