One XL - Can I Disable Traffic?

I've owned a OneXL for a few years & love it...just recently bought a second (refurbed) unit via ebay. Unit works great, except this version has TomTom traffic & I'm unable to switch it off.

The traffic status bar is greyed out on the right side, it's constantly trying to connect and is draining the battery. When I try to get into the menu looking for a way to switch the service off I just get a "could not establish a wireless data connection" error message.

I've combed through the menus looking for a way to switch off the traffic - I don't want or even need it, but no luck so far.

Any advice??

Thanks!

Does it have menu choices of Plus Services-->Traffic-->Disable?

No, there isn't even a choice on the menu for Plus Services at all...anytime I click on TomTom Traffic I just get that "cannot establish a wireless data connection" error message. I'm stumped.

Try these steps to get to a genuine app, as there is a good chance that an ebay Tomtom has a hacked app which may be the cause of your problem. The genuine apps should give you an opportunity to disable bluetooth and traffic

1) Make a full backup per these instructions
2) Perform these steps to install a genuine app
3) See if you now have an option to disable traffic and/or disable bluetooth

Ask a Question