One XL Battery Issue

Hi ,
I have exactly the same problem and it seems the only way out is to do the soldering, but can someone let me know which battery to use. The size has to be the same so it fits inside my Tom Tom. My old battery size is L=43mm X B=36mm X H9mm.

Hi ,
I have exactly the same problem and it seems the only way out is to do the soldering, but can someone let me know which battery to use. The size has to be the same so it fits inside my Tom Tom. My old battery size is L=43mm X B=36mm X H9mm.
Assuming you have a ONE XL per the thread title, have a look at this one:

TomTom One XL Battery

The thread title is rather missleading though to be honest.

The One XL was fitted with a three core battery plug.

Live devices have a five core battery plug.

The Live devices are much newer than the One XL models, when they launched the XL IQ/ XL IQ Live TomTom dropped the name "One" from these units - Mike

I really don't know what it should be changed to, Its not possible to work out what the device the OP was talking about. There are so many different One XL and XL/ XL IQ devices let alone all the model numbers you have in North America.

As the device in the first post had a five core battery lead I would expect it to be a Live device as I have only ever seen five core battery leads fitted to Live devices - Mike

I started this thread thinking my unit was just a OneXL but guided by the answers on this thread we found out I had a rare "Live" version from overseas. I ended up soldering my five wire connector to a 1300ma battery which was slightly longer than my original 1350 ma battery but a simple modification allowed me to slip it in. I was disappointed though that the new battery doesn't last much longer than the original one did. I have read on other threads that the short battery life is normal for these units though aggreviating.

Thanks, my TomTom is One XL HD Traffic.It is fitted with a FIVE core battery plug, the cables are 2 RED, 1Yellow, 2 Black. The information on the battery is as follows =
Type = KI Battery
Cell = Maxell ICP803443
Capacity = 1350 mAh
F73902814
Battery Size = Length 43mm Width 36mm Height 9mm

Thanks, my TomTom is One XL HD Traffic.It is fitted with a FIVE core battery plug, the cables are 2 RED, 1Yellow, 2 Black.
As you will have gathered from these threads, I doubt you'll ever find a replacement to those exact specs. Pick up the 3 wire version (on the new pack, the 1 yellow may be 1 white, instead) and clip the connector off the new pack fairly close to the pack, then solder your old wires/plug to the new unit. Your 2 black to the new pack's 1 black. Your 2 red to the new pack's 1 red.

I was disappointed though that the new battery doesn't last much longer than the original one did. I have read on other threads that the short battery life is normal for these units though aggreviating.

Have you tried pulling out the SIM card? It may be searching endlessly for GPRS signal, draining the battery in the process. I don't know if the Tomtom gives up on the search if there isn't a SIM card in it.

Attachments

• 8006137.jpg
    8006137.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 260

Ask a Question