One v3 - Traffic receiver stopped working after firemware upgrade

Hello

I recently upgraded the unit to firmware v8 - afterwards I noticed my traffic receiver had stopped working.

I've tried to rollback to v7 but don't have the required backup. Also, I've used the clear flush tool without success.

Could anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Have you tried resetting your unit? (Not sure whether that model has a dedicated reset hole in the bottom or whether you have to hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds).

You can install app 7.166 by using winrar to extract the contents of this file onto the Tomtom, overwriting files when prompted. Just beware that you need map 725 or earlier, as this app cannot read the 8xx series maps.

Hi

Thanks for your posts. I did try and reset and it didn't get the traffic receiver working unfortunately.

Also, I copied the files to add from the rar file as mentioned but the unit doesn't recognise the maps. Is there a way to convert v8 maps to v7?

Tim

Tim, Have a look in the folder containing your map data using Windows Explorer, what is the file size of the following two files:

tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat

Are they showing as 0Kb per chance, I have seen this issue on a large number of European devices but not too sure if it affects the North American units - Mike

Hello

The files sizes are:

tmccodes.dat 886KB
traffic.dat 1KB.

Both files modified in May 2009 (prior to me getting the unit).

I've got the UK One v3.

Thanks,
Tim

Also, I copied the files to add from the rar file as mentioned but the unit doesn't recognise the maps. Is there a way to convert v8 maps to v7?

There's no way to convert V8 maps to V7.

I don't know about the UK, but Canadian Tomtom's need a separate upate to get TMC working. See fix #3 here for steps.

I upgraded to v8.014 (it's a UK unit rather than Canadian) and it did the job - the traffic receiver is working.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Tim

Ask a Question