One... New Edition..... New, New One.... V2???

Jim

Been browsing the posts in the forums and the more I read the more confused I'm getting.

I guess this is going to sound like a why did the chicken cross the road joke, but.....

How many different TomTom Ones are there? And what's the difference?
TT One?
TT One New Edition?
Someone was talking about a "new" new one...
And someone else refered to a TT One V2?????????

Part II --
Can the firmware be updated/upgraded? Mine is 6.500.

Thanks again

There is a One V1 in Europe, no Sirf-III chip.
One V2 has one.
One V3 is out but not on sale yet, it uses a Hammerhead chip.
I hate it when company use the same model number for different products, like Canon 1DS, 1DS Mk-II ...
People are anxious to see whether the Hammerhead will perform ! Replacing the Sirf-III, TomTom is better to be sure of what they are doing.

There's already a comparison btwn the SiRFIII ONE and the Hammerhead ONE.

NA only got the V2 (also called the New Edition in Europe). TT is calling the new one with the new chipset the 3rd version.

To add confusion, TT HOME doesn't label it the way we do. Our current version 2 ONE is labelled TT ONE V3 on computer. Odd eh?

There's already a comparison btwn the SiRFIII ONE and the Hammerhead ONE.

NA only got the V2 (also called the New Edition in Europe). TT is calling the new one with the new chipset the 3rd version.

To add confusion, TT HOME doesn't label it the way we do. Our current version 2 ONE is labelled TT ONE V3 on computer. Odd eh?

And to add to that fact, when I go through Virtual TomTom in HOME the start message I get is 'Welcome to TomTom ONE v4'.....:confused:

I man, said the confused see....???

Anyone want to tackle my Part II?
Can I upgrade/update my firmware?
TT One New Edition version 6.500.

I man, said the confused see....???

Anyone want to tackle my Part II?
Can I upgrade/update my firmware?
TT One New Edition version 6.500.

Just to be sure of your version number, in the navaigation window, tap the bottom right corner (where it shows you the time and sat signal strength).

You'll come to a status screen (it's green). Tap where is says version.

You'll see on the second line App 6.xxx, is that where you see 6.500?

If that's the case, yes there is a newer firmware available, its ver 6.560. If you install the latest version of HOME it should auto upgrade your TT1 when you connect it.

I bought the ONE v1 in France last summer (as nothing like it was for sale in North America), and I can confirm that it DOES have the Sirf III chipset. I know because it worked well in French cars with athermic windshields, whereas my old Go Classic couldn't get a signal.

Been there, done that.
I have TT One version 6.500 and Home ver 1.2 build 502

In Home, when I click PREFERENCES and then CHECK FOR UPDATES, it tells me that I have the most current version of Home.

I can't find out where to check/update the firmware.

Thanks

Uh Oh......

I think I may have discovered part of my problems.

When I try to set up TRAFFIC ALERTS in my Home, it only lists EU countries --- I'm in the USA.
Please tell me again, what NEW EDITION means.

Thanks

Jim,
You need to update your HOME before you can update any of the firmware.
Please visit tomtom.com and download the newest HOME software...
It does not update through the program, but you have to manually download
the HOME update.

It does not update through the program, but you have to manually download
the HOME update.
It does update through HOME if you have that option turned on! By defaulkt it is on. you have to shut it off not to get notification on a new version of HOME.....

when you first buy and load the HOME off the CD that is in the TT ONE box,
the HOME is out of date.
The initial version of HOME does not update by hitting the update version.
There is a bug that tells you that it could not connect to the server or somehting..
You have to manually download the newest version of HOME first.
Then you can update the firmware using the HOME for your TT ONE.

when you first buy and load the HOME off the CD that is in the TT ONE box,
the HOME is out of date.
The initial version of HOME does not update by hitting the update version.
There is a bug that tells you that it could not connect to the server or somehting..
You have to manually download the newest version of HOME first.
Then you can update the firmware using the HOME for your TT ONE.

I would have to agree from experience. When I first bought my TT1 and loaded the software it would not update through the HOME program, it always gave me an error.

I had to go to the TT site and download the latest version of HOME. When I did that, all the updates installed no problem. I didn't change any firewall settings.

Ask a Question