One LE freezes/turns itself off

After updating last weekend, we took our TomTom One LE on a trip and it's acting up. Every 3-5 minutes it freezes, eventually turns itself off and then back on. Then it searches for a signal for 3-5 minutes. It did this as we drove through IA, MO, KS, OK and TX. It happens more often near a city or town than on the open road. We've never had any problems before this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We are still away from home. I borrowed a computer and connecting and updated again and there was one GPSfix listed which I installed.

Thanks,

Cindy

I forgot to say that it immediately freezes if I try to search for a POI restaurant. Not sure if other POI searches cause the same problem.

try a pin reset and make sure you do not have too many poi's checked off to show on the map; usually, 3 or 4 is the comfortable maximum, especially for a model such as yours with less flash memory and processing power than the higher Go models have.

I did have too many POI's checked to show on the map. I unchecked all of them and did the pin reset. But that did not help. Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks,
Cindy

I had the exact same thing happen to my unit tonight on a drive home from a xmas visit. first time I ever saw it. I'm running a 2gig card so I removed the card and it booted up on my original firmware and old map which I had left intact on the unit's internal memory.

Came home and formatted the sd card and reinstalled from my backup and all is normal again. I'm guessing a corrupted file on my card.

Do you have a backup you can use to restore?

I have an LE as well. Version 7.903 is junk. TomToms support fix was to hit the pin reset, rename a download directory and redo the update. Still junk.

Here was my thread on it.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=13460

My symptoms are the same as yours, can't search poi's. Seems to work ok in open country on the highway, but as soon as I get to my exit or in a bigger town it freezes up.

I have a backup, but can't figure out what files ot copy where. Some of the file names don't exist on this latest version.

Here is their response:
"Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding ONE LE locking up and rebooting after an update. My name is Jamie. We are always happy to help.

We apologize for any frustration this may be causing. The device freezing and looping is due to the application becoming corrupt during download or install. We will need to replace the application. We offer step by step instructions for this on our website. To view this information, please click on the link below. If you are unable to click on the link, please copy and paste it into your internet browser.

http://www.tomtom.com/9091

In regards to the type of device you have, this is just like a ONE 2nd edition. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. You may choose this as your device.

We do not have an estimated time of when the next application will be released. We apologize the inconvenience. We recommend continuing to update, as they are released every so often. These updates are not always advertised, unless they are adding features to a device."

Good luck.

Ask a Question