ONE 3rd - not many preloaded POIs

Just got a TomTom ONE 3rd edition.

I must say I am very disappointed by the limited POIs that come preloaded.:(

For example, "Lowes" and "Home Depot" are not found when searching for POIs in my area. My Garmin Nuvi 650 had no problem finding these locations, and even provided the locations' phone numbers.

I see that the TTF POIs forum has many individual stores listed, but is there a more practical way to load every business POI for my area (and prevent duplicates from appearing)?:confused:

Any advice to update my POIs would be greatly appreciated... otherwise I'm going back to Garmin.

if you search for a POI using a custom POI, you will not get duplicate reponses because you are only selecting the custom POI category.
If you use the 'Any POI Category' then you will see duplicate POI results. When doing the 'Any POI category' feature, you will be able to tell the difference between the custom POI result and TomTom POI result by the Icon.

Thanks Pedro.

So where can I get an updated list of every POI in my area? I only see POI files for individual stores within the TTF POI forum.

You can't download one file that will contain a major list of POIs.
Custom POIs are only based by category. In this case it is based on individual businesses. They can be made differently such as having a category like Pizza retaurants or electronic stores. However they will have to be made this way. It is easy to make custom POIs. You can use the application called MyPOI. Just perform a google search for it.

Thanks for all of your help, Pedro.

It's really a shame that TomTom boasts about "millions" of POIs, while Garmin specifically states 6 million POIs. TT is not even close to 6mil!

Ask a Question